Sig P250
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig P250

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2012, 02:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 42 Times on 34 Posts

Default Sig P250

Hey fellas, curious about these. Had some come in at the shop the other day at a helluva price. Anyone have one of these and can give me the pros and cons and how there reliability is? Thanks guys

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
~John F. Kennedy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 AM   #2

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17frantz
Hey fellas, curious about these. Had some come in at the shop the other day at a helluva price. Anyone have one of these and can give me the pros and cons and how there reliability is? Thanks guys
I have the compact... 100% reliable.. Accurate sig. The trigger is DAO and will take a few boxes of ammo to master. It mimics a revolver trigger. Smooth long pull. Im a fan as long as its Gen 2! Gen 1 had some feeding issues.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Bought one for my son. He loves it. He can lock back the slide, load the magazine (15 rounds) and take down for cleaning. It is reliable and accurate.
My Glock G26 Gen4 is difficult for him to manipulate the slide, take down for cleaning or load the magazines.
My son is 11.

We cannot play innocents abroad in a world that is not innocent. -Ronald Reagan

Old 07-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #4

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

You're forgetting the best part! You can swap it to another caliber in just minutes. You can make you 9mm a 45! You can take a full size down to a compact.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:31 AM   #5

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts

Oh and it has won 2 NRA golden bullseye awards.

Old 07-07-2012, 03:33 AM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

I have a great deal on a P290 w/laser and NS shipped and I'll even lower it from the advertised price cause I like ya

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:22 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 140 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I know you can tell by the rail and grip if it's Gen 1 or Gen 2, but is it possible to put a Gen 1 firing module in a Gen 2 frame, thus making it considerably harder to know exactly what you have? I just purchased a P250 compact today, and was thinking about that while waiting for the paper work to process. Not that I think that's the case with mine, was just curious if a less than scrupulous dealer could even do it if they wanted to.

Old 07-28-2012, 02:41 AM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have a P250 compact in 40sw. Great shooting gun. Over 1000 rounds and not a hiccup. Also it's a modular pistol meaning you can change grips, barrels and slides in three sizes. Well worth the money.

The trigger have a long pull but it is smooth and easy. It does take a while to get used to it and the way I shoot mine I use the very end of my finger on the trigger. In my opinion the trigger can use a little shortening of the stroke. There's a mod available that does that.

Also the trigger follow the hammer. On the last shot of the mag and the slide lock open the trigger will stay back. At first I thought it broke (duh) but it's the nature of the beast.

Old 07-28-2012, 04:50 AM   #9

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 15

I had a 250 .45 first generation didnt like it mainly due to the trigger and sold it . I love Sigs have multiple Sig fireams just dont think I'll buy another poly gun from Sig but i also prefer steel .If I were going to buy another poly gun it would be a Springfeild XD .

" TO EACH HIS OWN "

Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat
I know you can tell by the rail and grip if it's Gen 1 or Gen 2, but is it possible to put a Gen 1 firing module in a Gen 2 frame, thus making it considerably harder to know exactly what you have? I just purchased a P250 compact today, and was thinking about that while waiting for the paper work to process. Not that I think that's the case with mine, was just curious if a less than scrupulous dealer could even do it if they wanted to.
Yup its possible! Only the mags aren't interchangeable.