Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sig p238, no grips for sale?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sig p238, no grips for sale?

My wife is going to suprise me with a new sig sauer p238 for x-mas (the new one that looks like a baby 1911 in 380). Its funny that she knows just what I want. Problem is I don't like the grips on the two-tone, looks like some white plastic. They do however have some beautiful grips on some of their other p238's that the gun shop don't have. So I called up sig sauer to purchase nice dark wood grips that I seen on another style and they told me they don't sell grips for any of the p238 models.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbird View Post
My wife is going to suprise me with a new sig sauer p238 for x-mas (the new one that looks like a baby 1911 in 380). Its funny that she knows just what I want. Problem is I don't like the grips on the two-tone, looks like some white plastic. They do however have some beautiful grips on some of their other p238's that the gun shop don't have. So I called up sig sauer to purchase nice dark wood grips that I seen on another style and they told me they don't sell grips for any of the p238 models.
rhynotek.com actually has a variety of aluminum grips for sale for Sig P238. I have bought one pair, and they are beautiful, and the customer service is good, shipping fast.
Rhyno Two Tone Aluminum Grips for Sig Sauer P238

Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedo View Post
rhynotek.com actually has a variety of aluminum grips for sale for Sig P238. I have bought one pair, and they are beautiful, and the customer service is good, shipping fast.
Rhyno Two Tone Aluminum Grips for Sig Sauer P238

Thanks for the recommedation. I ordered another pair on Monday, and I received this morning. Lightening speed. Just unwrapped the package. Will put it on the gun a bit later.

Kick Butt, Hang Tough, NO FEAR !!!

Old 01-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #4

Default Poor Quality Control and Customer Service at Rhynotek.

Rhynotek must be an alright company as I can find no other dissatisfied customers on the ‘net. I however, have had a bad experience that I would like to share.

I live by a simple motto… “Eff me not, lest ye be effed.” Rhynotek effed me, so here I am going to return the favor.

I ordered a pair of Rhynotek Premium Checkered Black Ebony Grips for Sig Sauer P238.

First I was charged $5.95 for the USPS Priority shipping that I requested. It was shipped USPS First Class instead. This only took two additional days to arrive. No big deal, but still… it was not what I paid for.

Once they arrived, much to my disappointment, they would fit on my gun… the mounting screw holes on the left grip panel were drilled off center and this caused the grip panel to hit the slide release lever on the gun. I thought about returning them but decided that it would not be that big a deal to just file down the small area that interfered with the slide release. So I filed it back 1/16” and then the screw holes lined up and I could screw them on. Then, once I tightened the screws, I found that since the grip was forward of where it should be, it was rubbing the magazine release button so hard that it would not rebound after being depressed. At this point I decided enough was enough and emailed support@rhynotek.com requesting a replacement left grip panel, and included a description of the problem as well as a photograph. This was Sunday evening, the 23rd of January. It was the last day of the Shot Show in Vegas, and a lot of other places had posted notices that they would return to normal business hours on Tuesday. There was nothing like this on Rhynoteks site, but I waited until Tuesday afternoon anyway,and still had not received a response, so I emailed again, this time to sales@rhynotek.com. I still had no response by Wednesday afternoon so I looked around their site and found the “Request an RMA” link. They promise a reply within 2 days… So here it is, end of business on Friday afternoon, and I have yet to receive a single response from Rhynotek. Emailed Sunday, again Tuesday, RMA request Wednesday… Nothing, nada, zip, squat. Eff me.

So, I have given up on Rhynotek. Eff them. I just ordered a new set of grips from VZgrips.com. And I am going to post this rant all over the net.

Endeavor to persevere. Matt

Old Today, 03:07 PM   #5

I have never had such a headache from purchasing grips online as I have with Rhynotek. First off, they state on the site that the grips are "in stock" and "ship within 24 hours." This is a lie. I waited a week and finally contacted the company - days later received an email stating the grips haven't even been shipped yet. Requested a refund. Another week passes before I got a reply and then was asked again to confirm cancellation which I promptly did. Two weeks after that and still no refund. Horrible customer service, horrible communication, no grips, and currently out $63.

On a positive note during this whole fiasco I purchased grips from Alumagrips. I had emailed the company first asking a question about the grips I was interested in and was contacted within hours from the owner - now that's customer service!!! The grips came a few days later and they are amazing! Great quality, great fit, great feel, and great customer service!!!

Old Today, 05:37 PM   #6
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1715 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 545

They must have deteriorated in the 4 years since this was posted. There are lots of places that sell grips for the 238. you might look at this one but not a recommendation as I have never bought from them.
http://www.raascogrips.com/p238dym.html

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."