Sig P238
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig P238

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Default Sig P238

What can I say, I like the little mouse guns. I found a great deal on a like new P238 so I'm adding it to the collection (probably sell a PPK now). It's a two-tone with night sights, 3 mags, 3 holsters - and a complete reloading setup with enough components (sans powder) to load 250 95 gr JHPs. I have 2 buddies with 238s and I've shot them and I like them. The reloading gear consists of:

Lee Hand Press, Lee Carbide Die set and Factory Crimp Die (both .380), Lee Auto Prime with .45 shell holder and .380 shell holder, about 250 .380 brass (once fired), 270 small pistol primers, and 250 95gr JHP's from Rocky Mountain Reloading.

I don't reload but a good friend does so I intend to give him the stuff if he'll load me up the 250 rounds of ammo. I believe he has a Lee turret press so I hope the die set works. Price for the whole package was $575 and here's the obligatory pic:

img_0993.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-30-2010, 02:13 PM   #2

oh my...... i think i need i new pair of underwear!

dammit, how do i get the deals you guys get?!?!

Old 05-01-2010, 12:08 PM   #3

I picked it up last night and this is a very nifty little gun. Yeah, it's pricey for a .380 but it is really light & compact. It ended up coming with 4 holsters vs 3 and also included 80 rounds of JHP as well as the reloading stuff. I'm going to try to hit the range today and test it out and if it passes this will become my primary carry. Using the Bianchi IWB, you hardly know this one is there and the pocket holster works very well with cargo shorts. Summer in GA is HOT so having a small, light carry is important...

Old 05-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations, that's a screamin' deal. I really like the looks of those. Please post a range report when you can.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-01-2010, 09:42 PM   #5

Awesome! I've read/heard a lot of good things about it so far. I will be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

On a side note, Sig's have been growing on me A LOT lately. When I really started getting into guns a short while ago, there wasn't much about them that attracted me to them off the bat. As I've learned more about them and their reputation I like them more and more. The P226, P220 Carry, and now the P238 have really peaked my interest.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” J. Cooper

Old 05-02-2010, 06:10 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxTigersGuy View Post
Awesome! I've read/heard a lot of good things about it so far. I will be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

On a side note, Sig's have been growing on me A LOT lately. When I really started getting into guns a short while ago, there wasn't much about them that attracted me to them off the bat. As I've learned more about them and their reputation I like them more and more. The P226, P220 Carry, and now the P238 have really peaked my interest.
I just picked up an Agency trade in Sig P226 9mm for $449. It has holster wear, but the action and barrel are excellent and the rails are perfect. Sig makes a quality handgun.
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 05-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA357 View Post
I just picked up an Agency trade in Sig P226 9mm for $449. It has holster wear, but the action and barrel are excellent and the rails are perfect. Sig makes a quality handgun.
Is that the gun to fill the "help me pick out a 9mm" need? Any pics/range reports on the way?

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.” J. Cooper

Old 05-02-2010, 05:14 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Yup, that's the one. I'm in CA and have to wait ten days to pick it up. Pics should be forthcoming at some point after that.

Sorry to hijack Dave.

Old 05-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #9

Took it by the range again this evening as I wanted to put 50 rounds of SD ammo through it quickly. Rotated through all 3 mags and I was emptying them as fast as I could fire one handed. Kept everything within a paper plate at 5 yards and I had NO malfunctions at all. I was using Gold Dot 90gr JHPs.

This one is now my primary carry and I keep the pocket holster in the truck along with the Bianchi IWB. I dropped the reloading gear off at my buddies place Sunday and he's loading me up 200 rounds of SD ammo...

Last edited by NGIB; 05-05-2010 at 11:49 PM.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:32 AM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Good to hear.

Have you checked out Corbon DPX? It's supposed to be a top notch defensive round.