Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig p232

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig p232

Have any of you shot this gun? I am looking at getting the Sig p232 for my conceled carry next year. Any advice?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-31-2008, 11:49 PM   #2

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Actually I'm trading for one tomorrow. Everything I've read says they are a quality piece. The .380 is as low as I'd go in a carry gun but this one will be the wife's as she says it's "cute". I'll post in the gallery in the next few days...

Old 02-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #3

hey thanks! let me know how it shoots!

Old 02-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #4

It is amazingly accurate and just a blast to shoot. I've put 300 rounds thru it since last weekend and it may well become a permanent fixture in my range bag. Found that .380 ammo was high locally (15/50 at wallymart) so I ordered a bunch from Wideners at 7.50/50 for CCI aluminum - gun loves the stuff...

Old 02-10-2008, 06:28 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
Found that .380 ammo was high locally (15/50 at wallymart) so I ordered a bunch from Wideners at 7.50/50 for CCI aluminum - gun loves the stuff...
See if they have the CCI Blazer Brass, here in Cali, I pay about $10/50 for .45 ACP.

Are those the factory grips or did you add those yourself? I might have to pick one of those up for my wife, it's a pretty good looking little piece.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #6

They are Hogue wrap-around grips. The factory hard plastic grips let your hand ride up while shooting and slide bite happens...

Old 02-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #7

you ever get the targets posted up?

Old 03-01-2008, 04:26 PM   #8

Nah, I generally chuck the targets at the range. At 7-10 yards I had no problem keeping everything in a 3-4 inch circle at POA. This is shooting rapidly as would be done in a SD situation. The barrels on the blowback Sigs are fixed which makes them very accurate...

Old 03-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #9

A buddy of mine has one of these, also with the Hogue grips, which I got to shoot side-by-side with my stainless PPK. The two are nearly identical in size and weight, with the SIG being slightly thicker. The trigger pull in both DA and SA were also very close in comparison. I noticed that the PPK gives a sharper "sting" to the web of the hand while firing, but the difference may have been the grips. The PPK had the stock plastic ones. I didn't fire the SIG with the OEM grips. Design is very similar between the two and both are very accurate because of the fixed barrels. I like the PPK slightly better because the mag release is in a familiar place for us Americans, but they're both excellent guns of proven quality and reliable designs. The prices are also very competitive. Either would be a good choice for a carry piece.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Old 03-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #10

CDNN had the factory plastic grips for mine for $7 so I bought a set. They are a tad bit thinner than the Hogues. The Hogues are a bit tacky to the touch and tend to cause the gun to print more when I just pull a t-shirt over it. Will probably take it to the range today and shoot it with the plastic grips to see if the slide bite happens like I heard it will.

These, and the Walthers as Zappa mentioned, are seriously high quality guns that are extremely accurate and reliable. Of course with today's trend of carrying nothing under a .45 they get sneered at...