Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig P230

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

To rferguston61: I just finished working on my P230. It also was "jamming". My problem was caused by a slight "lip" between the frame ramp portion and the barrel ramp portion, going into the chamber. Where the frame and barrel meet, there was a slight difference between the two heights. The barrel portion of the ramp was higher that the frame portion, causing some types of ammo to "hang-up", by actually getting caught in this "lip" !!! (A Gentleman on another thread, explained the procedure, on how to "remove" this lip.) Take a VERY CLOSE look, at where these two portions of the ramp meet. Hope this helps... It certainly helped solve my problem... T

Old 11-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 41 Times on 20 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman60
To rferguston61: I just finished working on my P230. It also was "jamming". My problem was caused by a slight "lip" between the frame ramp portion and the barrel ramp portion, going into the chamber. Where the frame and barrel meet, there was a slight difference between the two heights. The barrel portion of the ramp was higher that the frame portion, causing some types of ammo to "hang-up", by actually getting caught in this "lip" !!! (A Gentleman on another thread, explained the procedure, on how to "remove" this lip.) Take a VERY CLOSE look, at where these two portions of the ramp meet. Hope this helps... It certainly helped solve my problem... T
Hey thanks for that! I really appreciate it. Unfortunately i had to sell it to pay rent a couple months ago.