SIG P226 Navy history
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SIG P226 Navy history

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default SIG P226 Navy history

I picked up my first pistol a few weeks ago and have only put about 100 rounds down range, but I love the thing.

I was just checking out some websites and I noticed that my P226 has all the tell-tale signs of being a Navy model, except the anchor etching. I was wondering if anyone knows if the pre-2004 models had the stamp or just the newer ones with the rails.

It has the U ahead of the serial number, the contrast sights, it looks like it has the phosphate internals, but no anchor.

Anyone have any insight?

Thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #2

Liked 1424 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

How To Post Pics on FTF << Click Here

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 04-28-2010, 01:55 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Now you've got me scratching my head. I'm a retired Navy weapons guy who owns a lawn business and still have no idea what phosphate internals are.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 04-29-2010, 01:18 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
Now you've got me scratching my head. I'm a retired Navy weapons guy who owns a lawn business and still have no idea what phosphate internals are.
Parkerization. The internals are parkerized since they were made to be near the sea.

As for pics, it's just a SIGARMS P226 with these 'special features'.

Contrast sights:

Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM   #5

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Sig

The Sig you have may be a P 226 C (combat) Model. Here is the info on them.

P226 Combat

Like the P220 Combat before it, the two models, P226 Combat and P226 Combat TB (Threaded Barrel), are available in DA/SA. Their frames are "Flat Dark Earth" in compliance with the Combat Pistol program. The Combat model comes with night sights, a Nitron-finished slide and barrel, fore slide serrations, and a military standard M1913 Picatinny rail as well as phosphate coated internals. The TB model features an extra 0.6 in (1.5 cm) on the barrel, and external threads to accept a suppressor

I have a first generation P229 in .40 cal and the only gripe I hjave is that its heavy for concealed carry. If you are using a duty concealed carry, you can't beat it unless you go to a .45 cal.. Accuracy is a drop of4 inches at 100 yards and the 185 grain loads are the same as I carry in my Combat Elite, they are just twice as fast, 1500-1700 fps. You can also change the barrel out and use the same mags, springs etc., and drop the .357 sig barrel. 9mm bullet at twice its normal velocity, 1 inch drop at 100 yards.

By the way, I have my sights set at 50 so this explains the short drop at 100.

Good luck and If that Sig fits your hand, you are gonna love it!