which Sig?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > which Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default which Sig?

I'm about ready to purchase my next Sig, but can't decide on a 226 or a 229. So I was wondering which one you guys prefer and why. I prob won't be concealing either, but may open carry every now and then so size really isn't an issue. Thanks.

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 248 Times on 195 Posts
Likes Given: 32

If you have medium to large hands, and no intention of ever carrying it concealed, I say go with the P226.

So obviously if you have girly-man hands or plan to CC, advantage P229.

They're both great guns...well, apart from a few dimensional adjustments, they're the same gun. Handle each and see which feels more natural for you. That's really all it comes down to. I have a strange feeling you'll prefer the P226 (nothing but a hunch). So then you can later add a P228, P229, P220 compact, or (better yet) a P239sas as a carry option.

I have average sized hands and my P226 fits me fine. Even with the Hogue wrap-around grips that tend to thicken it up a bit.

Old 02-26-2012, 04:03 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have the 229r in 9mm diamond plated stainless slide. Amazing weapon and to be honest the 226 is a little thinner and it's a little longer but they are the same pistol when it come to features and quality. You can't go wrong with any sig the quality is there in every pistol/rifle they manufacture. Just hold one and shoot one and you will never look back.

Old 03-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22
If you have medium to large hands, and no intention of ever carrying it concealed, I say go with the P226.

They're both great guns...well, apart from a few dimensional adjustments, they're the same gun. Handle each and see which feels more natural for you. That's really all it comes down to. I have a strange feeling you'll prefer the P226 (nothing but a hunch). So then you can later add a P228, P229, P220 compact, or (better yet) a P239sas as a carry option.

I have average sized hands and my P226 fits me fine. Even with the Hogue wrap-around grips that tend to thicken it up a bit.
You're right. I did prefer the 226. So I bought a Sig p226 elite dark .40! Good gosh I love this thing...

"...rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." /G\

Old 03-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post

My wife is 5' 1" where I am 6' 1" and we both have no problems handling the 226 or 229. She loves the way the 220 and the 226 feel when she shoots them. Most of the time she carries my 220.