Sig .380 anyone got one?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig .380 anyone got one?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 02:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 413 Times on 227 Posts

Default Sig .380 anyone got one?

Was at the gun shop the other day with my wife buying some at stuff and we decided to look for her a daily carry gun. She looked at everything they had and really likes the sig .380 cal. So they ordered a two tone with night sights and a laser sight for us to look at. I'm just wondering if any one has any experience with there .380s. Any input would be awesome! thanks David

let the bullets do the talking!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-27-2011, 03:56 PM   #2

I bought the P238 a while back. It was a nice looking gun but I did not like the way it shot. It was hard for me to hit the target since the trigger pull was heavy. I shout about 200 rounds through it and had about 8-10 FTF. I was expecting a better pistol since it was a Sig. I sold it at a gun show for 425 with the laser.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #3

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riles94
I bought the P238 a while back. It was a nice looking gun but I did not like the way it shot. It was hard for me to hit the target since the trigger pull was heavy. I shout about 200 rounds through it and had about 8-10 FTF. I was expecting a better pistol since it was a Sig. I sold it at a gun show for 425 with the laser.
Quote:
Originally Posted by riles94
Huh? The trigger pull was to heavy? Its a single action trigger, it the lightest trigger you can get. I have a sig p238 and its a great gun for what its designed for. Short range. This would be carried when your in suit and tie or dressed where you cant conceal a larger gun. There is already a thread on the sig p238 and similar .380's.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have a 232, its a very nice pistol, my only complaint is it uses a European magazine release. The magazine catch/release is at the butt end of the pistol grip making quick reloading a real pain. With some practice, speed can improve, but not enough to compete with a ppk or bersa. You might want to look into those pistols as well.

EXPENDABLE

Old 10-27-2011, 04:40 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5914 Times on 3087 Posts
Likes Given: 415

I opted for the bersa thunder series. I considered the sig and a few others the bersa came out on top.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #6

This pistol will be for my wife who doesn't Carry a purse ever she's 4'9" and has really small hands she can shoot my 45s and 357 but she wants a carry gun. I liked the ppk and the bersa but she was not a fan of how heavy they were. And she thinks the kel tec and Ruger are to small for her to be comfortable shooting she didn't like the plastic feel.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:01 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5914 Times on 3087 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin81 View Post
This pistol will be for my wife who doesn't Carry a purse ever she's 4'9" and has really small hands she can shoot my 45s and 357 but she wants a carry gun. I liked the ppk and the bersa but she was not a fan of how heavy they were. And she thinks the kel tec and Ruger are to small for her to be comfortable shooting she didn't like the plastic feel.

I would strongly recomend renting some because the smaller and lighter you go the unpleasentness and difficulty in shooting grows exponentially.

Im not hawking a brand or trying to talk you out of a choice. But small guns are very difficult to shot enough to become proficient. Better to rent or try with her shooting and find out now that she doesnt like it then end up with a gun she really hates and just wont carry.

My wife has a de50 and the smallest gun she will willingly shoot is a ppk/bersa. She doesnt like 1911s everyone has different reactions to recoil and the only way to figure it out is try em.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 10-27-2011 at 05:04 PM.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2275 Times on 1236 Posts
Likes Given: 668

I have a Sig 238 and love it. I traded off my P3AT to get it. The P3AT was not fun to shoot. The Sig is well mannered and has functioned flawlessly with 2 kinds of HP, FMJ round nose and FMJ flat nose. I put 50 rnds of Win flat nose through it last week with out a hiccup and not a bit of hurt. Could easily have gone another 50 but 380 aint cheap. It is accurate too. The trigger gets better the more you shoot it and it is possible to have it taken down some. Pretty much the same as a 1911. I have about 300 rnds of 4 different brands through it so far. It is the carry for the range owners wife and she has her choice of any firearm she wants. She is a CCW instructor and firearms trainer. Hers is prettier than my plain little pistol. I think they all come with night sights. I keep mine loaded with Critical Defense.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Huh? The trigger pull was to heavy? Its a single action trigger, it the lightest trigger you can get. I have a sig p238 and its a great gun for what its designed for. Short range. This would be carried when your in suit and tie or dressed where you cant conceal a larger gun. There is already a thread on the sig p238 and similar .380's.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.
Indeed. To lazy to type what has already clearly been stated.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-28-2011, 12:19 AM   #10

Well the new sig238 can in the wife liked it so I bought it for her. But while we were there a guy was there wanting to trade a XDM 40 cal + $200 cash in on a judge and a cowboy style custom holster. So I asked the shop owner If I could see the springer. The guy said he bought it an put it in the safe and had never even had it out of the box to load a mag or shoot the thing. So I looked at it and the wife asked how much. The gun shop owner said $475.00 so she said to pack them both up and pay the man so we both got new toys.

image-607781040.jpg

image-1342477016.jpg