Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig .357

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 01:59 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Default Sig .357

What is your take on the round? How does it perform when compared to other pistol rounds? How is the recoil from the average pistol chambered for the round? How are the terminal ballistics for the average load?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 PM   #2

.357 Sig is a great round. Fast, flat with lots of stopping power. It is basically a .40, necked down to .38 (9mm). Also it's said to feed better than a .40, although I have never had a problem with any .40 feeding.

It's is becoming more popular with LE. One draw back is cost of ammo. I'd shoot it more often if it was less expensive. Also, because the bullet has a very shallow seating, it's has been reported that rechambering several times, can push the bullet in too far, and that might cause excess pressures.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:43 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Yeah, I got that info from Wikipedia.

Old 01-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had an XD in 357 Sig. It was a handful recoil wise. Way more than a 9, don't know about a 40, never had one of those. I reloaded, so ammo cost barely more than loading my 9mm, once I had some brass. As far as bullet set back is concerned, I used a Lee Factory crimp die. I made up a couple of dummy shells and chambered them and rechambered them about 30 times without any set back. Factory ammo is really expensive too. I think velocity is too high to work well with lead bullets. I didn't find mine all that accurate either, compared to my Taurus PT99 9mm.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:11 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My daily carry piece is currently a Steyr M9A1 in .357 Sig, I let my girlfriend shoot it one time, now she won't go shooting with me any more!

Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 AM   #6

I'd like some more input on this round, too. I'm thinking of buying a spare 357 Sig barrel for my SP2022.

Member GCO

Old 02-14-2008, 08:08 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Definitely not everyone's cup of tea. Not for wimps, newbs and most women.

Your best bet is to buy a couple boxes of it, rent an appropriate pistol at your nearest firing range, then decide for yourself how you like it.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:37 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I like the 357 sig, a matter of fact, I'm almost crazy about it. I think it's the best companion to the .40 S&W if one acquires the conversion barrel. I have four platforms for the .40 S&W / 357 sig in the Sig Sauers with the P-239, P-229, P-226, and P-229 Sport Pistols. It shoots much like my Sig P-220 with hot loaded 38 supers. I buy my 357 sig cartridges through Georgia Arms Ammunition.

Don't flame be for being a Sig nut, I've always been more of a 1911 shooter.

Old 06-04-2008, 07:02 PM   #9

I had a Glock 32 .357 Sig and absolutely loved the round. I have no problem dealing with the moderate recoil. I think it's about the same overall as a .40, just a little snappy, not a consistent push like a .40. To me, it's like a 9mm on steroids. I'm not sure about other guns, but with Glock you can change a .357sig to a .40 or a .40 to .357 sig with just a barrel swap. Talk about versatility.

Old 06-06-2008, 08:33 AM   #10

the sig was the round of choice by my former agancy-powerful round with the ballistics to go with it...extremely effective, great glass penetrator...just expensive, that's all

Newest Threads