Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig 238 vs LCP, help me decide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2011, 05:32 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 29 Posts

After seeing this, I can see I was off in my estimation of the size difference between LCP and LC9...

lc901.jpg  

Old 05-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #52
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I have a desantis nemesis holster for mine. It's like it isn't even there. I'm going to keep it for nothing more than ease if carry.
I thought about this too but at the same time I feel a bit undergunned. A 380 is better then nothing but I find drawing from my pocket to be a bit slow which doesn't make me more confident.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 05-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #53

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

I'd say go with the LCP...I've shoot the ****-out of mine and it's still reliable...For $270.00..you can't go wrong.......

Old 09-28-2011, 07:50 PM   #54

Liked 116 Times on 100 Posts
Likes Given: 231

Well I payed $349.00 for my engraved LCP.....

Old 09-28-2011, 10:48 PM   #55

I have had a chance to shoot the LCP, and I used to carry a P3AT. Both were admirably small, light, easy to carry, but both were profoundly unpleasant to shoot, and impossible to shoot straight, to boot! It got to the point that I found myself putting off practice with my P3AT because I disliked shooting it so much, and that's when I knew I needed a different gun. I have the HD stainless version of the P238, and I love it. It is accurate out to 25 yards easily if I do my part, it's soft recoiling, the trigger is good, and the safety is very positive. If the gun is in a pocket holster, I can't conceive of anything that could deactivate it. I carry mine condition 1, with a spare mag in the other pocket. I shoot it every range trip, and I actually look forward to practice... it really is an easy shooting gun. As far as catching on pockets, it is no harder for me to draw the P238 than the P3AT, and I'm using an almost identical holster (Pocket Holsters). During my period of carry, it has never occured to me while practicing my draw and trigger that snags might be a problem.
Ease of carry wise, yes it's heavier than the mule-kicking. 380s, but that's why I bought it. If you use a pocket holster and have normal "male sized" pockets, you'll have no problems.

Power-wise... unlike with the P3AT, I can empty a full magazine into a chest-sized area very quickly and consistently. This is a confidence-inspiring firearm, because it is so easy to shoot accurately and quickly. Some people said it was impractical... not entirely sure why. Certainly more practical for me than the featherweight polymer guns.

EDIT: pocket-lint doesn't seem to be any more a problem with the P238 than the P3AT... possibly a bit less, since I've found it a smidgen easier to clean. I still try to do a quick cleaning each week just in case, but all that's really called for is to wipe the lint away from the muzzle and the firing pin area of the slide and hammer. I don't think it is any different from any other pocket gun in this regard.

Last edited by Daekar; 09-28-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Lint!