Sig 238 vs LCP, help me decide - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig 238 vs LCP, help me decide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2011, 01:47 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

I loved my Kahr PM9, so I bet the P380 would be a great pocket gun, but I've never even touched one.

I currently carry an LCP any day that I have to tuck in my shirt. It really disappears. The Sig 238 is definitely on my short list, though. The safety is not, however, as positive on/off as my Kimber Ultra (or any 1911 for that matter). It does make me wonder about about condition 1 in my pocket. In a holster with a heavy trigger, though, I don't think I'd be too worried.

I'm looking forward to seeing your choice, Spitty.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 04-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 84 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
the 1911 is impractical because of the action. don't get me wrong I love 1911's. I'll take one any day of the week over a glock at the range but in a bad situation I think I would rather have twice as many rounds with a gun that goes bang by simply pulling the trigger If I have to use it.
to each his own I suppose
Please explain to me why a 1911 is impractical for carry.

Shopping will happen for me again soon so the LCP and th 238 will get held next to each other and played with for a little while. I'll let everyone know what I decide. Thanks for the help.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-29-2011, 03:55 AM   #23
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2469 Times on 1323 Posts
Likes Given: 879

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
the 1911 is impractical to me because of the action. don't get me wrong I love 1911's. I'll take one any day of the week over a glock at the range but in a bad situation I think I would rather have twice as many rounds with a gun that goes bang by simply pulling the trigger If I have to use it.
to each his own I suppose
Fixed that for you.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 04-29-2011, 04:20 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
...carrying a 1911 for CC these days is silly enough....the 1911 is impractical because of the action.
There's nothing "impractical" or "silly" about a single action handgun nor conceal carrying a single action 1911. Those two statements appear to be opinions based on a lack of knowledge and bias towards another weapon. Not sure what pistol you shot that didn't go bang when it needed to but the 1911 is, and has been a sound design for years. The 1911's that don't fire when they should are either poorly built, poorly serviced, or hacked on by an idiot in failed attempt to "customize" it.

There are just too many respected and knowledgeable people carrying, shooting and/or relying on a 1911 for it to be silly or impractical. The only thing impractical is carrying a weapon you're unfamiliar with or one you can't control when it's needed, but that's usually an owner/operator issue and not the particlular weapon. Silly is the confiscated cartel 1911's you've been seeing.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:28 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Shopping will happen for me again soon so the LCP and th 238 will get held next to each other and played with for a little while. I'll let everyone know what I decide. Thanks for the help.
I carried a LCR for awhile and thought I would like a Sig P238 better so I bought one of them. After pocket carring it for a few months I went back to the LCR. There is two reason for that, one is pocket lint and the other is weight. Loaded, the LCR is about 5 ounces lighter. And it seams to me that the revolver is easier to keep the lint out. I know the LCR isn't one of your choices, I'm just trying to help. Besides, I didn't like the long trigger pull of the LCP.

HAVE FUN

Old 04-29-2011, 03:59 PM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtiller View Post
I carried a LCR for awhile and thought I would like a Sig P238 better so I bought one of them. After pocket carring it for a few months I went back to the LCR. There is two reason for that, one is pocket lint and the other is weight. Loaded, the LCR is about 5 ounces lighter. And it seams to me that the revolver is easier to keep the lint out. I know the LCR isn't one of your choices, I'm just trying to help. Besides, I didn't like the long trigger pull of the LCP.
I've looked at the LCR but I've found that it doesn't fit as well in my pocket. It some pants it's fine in others it's not. I do like the idea of a revolver as a BUG for their simplicity and reliability but if I can't slip it into a pocket it doesn't help me.
I'm not really concerned about pocket lint as I'll be using a holster.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #27

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
I'm not really concerned about pocket lint as I'll be using a holster.
The holster doesn't help much with the LCP (for lint). I just cleaned mine after about 1.5 weeks of pocket carrying, and realized it should probably be done every 3-5 days, or more. TONS of lint!

There was such a 'lint ball' on the back of the firing pin, I wonder if it would have dampened the strickers blow enough to FTFire. The lint i the slide grooves probably would have resulted in a FTFeed as well.

But I'm not saying don't get the LCP just for that reason, if you want it. Just make sure you plan on cleaning it REGULARLY.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-29-2011, 05:00 PM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post
The holster doesn't help much with the LCP (for lint). I just cleaned mine after about 1.5 weeks of pocket carrying, and realized it should probably be done every 3-5 days, or more. TONS of lint!

There was such a 'lint ball' on the back of the firing pin, I wonder if it would have dampened the strickers blow enough to FTFire. The lint i the slide grooves probably would have resulted in a FTFeed as well.

But I'm not saying don't get the LCP just for that reason, if you want it. Just make sure you plan on cleaning it REGULARLY.
What kind of dirty pockets do you have?

Man, I thought I had made up my mind but I guess I'll go back to the gun shop and fondle a few more guns....

Old 04-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #29

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse17 View Post

REGULARLY would be every night that you take it off, inspect it, blow it out and a function check the next morning when you put it on.

I still vote for the Sig 238...but I am partial, cause I have one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGETEVEN View Post
REGULARLY would be every night that you take it off, inspect it, blow it out and a function check the next morning when you put it on.

I still vote for the Sig 238...but I am partial, cause I have one.
How does the sig fit in your pocket? Does it show in dress pants? Tight jeans?
Does anything want to snag when you draw?