Sig 238 vs LCP, help me decide - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Sig 238 vs LCP, help me decide

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2011, 07:12 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I had a Mika holster for my lcr, it was great for pocket carry!

Old 04-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 85 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I checked out the bodyguard and I didn't like it so I'm back to the 238 but I'm having a hard time swallowing $500 for a 380. Maybe I can sell a kidney and buy the 238 and finish frankenkimber.

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 04-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

Colt is coming back out with the original. The Sig 238 is a copy. Personally I dont like the LCP. It does not point naturally for me and it is not fun to shoot. I have a Kel-Tec P3AT and while it points well, it is also not fun to shoot and no slide lock. The Sig 238 was the best one I tried. It pointed well, was easy to shoot and was accurate. I always use a pocket holster and dont see a problem with cocked and locked carry as long as you dont touch the safety and trigger until after it is out of the pocket and pointed in the right direction. I have not been able to get my hands on a Kahr 380 but they make very good pistols.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:16 AM   #14

Given the Requirements laid out by the Op, I would go with the Ruger, It's a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT of which I own one and it will disappear in your pocket. The Sig is a copy of the Colt Mustang of which I also own, As far as pocket carrying a P238 I'd think you would be asking for trouble, to be effective it requires you to carry it cocked & locked, pocket carry makes it too easy for the safety to slip off and toss in a fairly light trigger pull (compared to the LCP) and if you survive, You will be looking for a new job

The LCP is a Good gun, But do check out the P# if you decide to go that route, I've had people who hated the Ruger but like the Kel-Tec and vice versa.

TJ

Old 04-28-2011, 01:39 AM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I've carried the LCP for a whole 2 weeks now. I have the same problem with naturally pointing low, and have realized that I could easily conceal a much larger pistol in my pocket.

And no it is not fun too shoot. In order to be accurate, I have to squeeze the living hell out of the front of the grip with the 1.5 fingers that fit on it, and even then I can only get 3 or 4 shots off without having to adjust my grip.

I've put 150 rds through it and still occasionally have to push the slide closed with my thumb. Yes, I keep it clean and oiled, and it's much better than when I first got it. I'm sure that won't be an issue at all after another 100 - 200 rounds.

I wish I had gone with a 9mm pocket gun. I saw some when shopping for the LCP that seemed too big, but now I wish I had bought instead.

I haven't tried any of the other guns you mentioned.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJB63 View Post
Given the Requirements laid out by the Op, I would go with the Ruger, It's a copy of the Kel-Tec P3AT of which I own one and it will disappear in your pocket. The Sig is a copy of the Colt Mustang of which I also own, As far as pocket carrying a P238 I'd think you would be asking for trouble, to be effective it requires you to carry it cocked & locked, pocket carry makes it too easy for the safety to slip off and toss in a fairly light trigger pull (compared to the LCP) and if you survive, You will be looking for a new job

The LCP is a Good gun, But do check out the P# if you decide to go that route, I've had people who hated the Ruger but like the Kel-Tec and vice versa.

TJ
Your thoughts on the trigger have crossed my mind but at 8# it's hardly light.

I held another LCP tonight and it pointed much nicer then the first one....I'm still on the fence.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 AM   #17

the sig looks cool and I'm sure would be fun to shoot but seems completely impractical for what it's designed for. carrying a 1911 for CC these days is silly enough much less a Minnie 1911

keltec still makes the best pocket pistol around if you're actually going to keep it in your pocket IMO I used to have a p32 and it was small enough to Cary while wearing board shorts as well as it was probably the most reliable auto I've ever owned. It never jammed once in the thousand or so rounds I put threw it over the years...........not once.

the seecamp has no rivals as far as quality goes in mouseguns from what I have seen but I can't say I've shot one so I don't know how they shoot. If you want something accurate thatís not made of plastic I shot one of these with a laser grip a few years ago and absolutely fell in love with it......................really really nice pistol

North American Arms NAA Guardian 380 W Ct LSR Grips

Old 04-28-2011, 04:48 AM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Two things I do like about the LCP...the slide lock switch (not sure if you call it a switch or not, leaver maybe?) isn't made of bent/stamped sheet metal. That's one of the things I hate about Glocks and most mouse guns other than the LCP, they all have those cheap/crappy sheet metal controls.

The other thing is while I said I realize now I could (and want to) pocket carry a much larger gun than a LCP, I have to admit that after the first 8 or 9 days of carrying it, I've gotten so use to it I litterly forget I have it. I stick my hand in my pocket and go, "Oh yeah, I have a gun in there." I totally don't even notice the weight/fullness of my pocket anymore.
ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
G.O.A. LIFETIME MEMBER!
Sole owner of Random Thought # 5,000

Old 04-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter57 View Post
the sig looks cool and I'm sure would be fun to shoot but seems completely impractical for what it's designed for. carrying a 1911 for CC these days is silly enough much less a Minnie 1911
Really? I carry a 1911 regularly and can conceal it in shorts and a T shirt. The only reason I want a pocket pistol is that my new job requires me to work in an office as well as be able to go out in the shop and crawl under a car to look at how a part might be installed. If I were just sitting in the office I could make my Kimber disappear with no problem.

I think I'm going to go back and handle them all again. I did find 300 rounds of 380 ammo for $65 yesterday so I've got a little ammo.

Old 04-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Really? I carry a 1911 regularly and can conceal it in shorts and a T shirt. The only reason I want a pocket pistol is that my new job requires me to work in an office as well as be able to go out in the shop and crawl under a car to look at how a part might be installed. If I were just sitting in the office I could make my Kimber disappear with no problem.

I think I'm going to go back and handle them all again. I did find 300 rounds of 380 ammo for $65 yesterday so I've got a little ammo.
the 1911 is impractical because of the action. don't get me wrong I love 1911's. I'll take one any day of the week over a glock at the range but in a bad situation I think I would rather have twice as many rounds with a gun that goes bang by simply pulling the trigger If I have to use it.
to each his own I suppose