Sig 229 question
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Sig 229 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sig 229 question

Hello, I have a question regarding the Sig P229 SAS in 9mm. Now I know there are conversion kits for the Sig, allowing it to be swapped from 9mm to 22LR. and like the .40, you can swap it into 9mm by changing the barrel and mag out. now is it possible to do it the opposite way? can i convert my 9mm into a .40 by getting the barrel and a mag? just a question out of curiosity.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-22-2010, 11:31 PM   #2

Liked 26 Times on 7 Posts

Probably not as most .40s are designed to be a lot beefier than a 9mm. The breech face will be smaller on a 9mm than a .40 as well. You could probably use the frame and buy everything else, but you may as well just get another gun. Going down is generally OK but going up is very iffy...

Old 07-22-2010, 11:51 PM   #3

i appreciate the info. and i have to agree, i was just curious to see if it has been done. but after you add a new barrel, slide, mag... and take the chance of destroying a great 9mm gun... its best to just buy a .40 if im that into it. thanks for the input!

Old 07-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #4

Liked 33 Times on 26 Posts

I kind of have the opposite question. I got a SIG P229 with the 357 SIG barrel, bought the .40 S&W barrel, and was wondering if it could do the nine mm, also.

Think at the least I would need different mags, if not a different slide.

Newest Threads