Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sig 226 vs Hk USP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Sig 226 vs Hk USP

What would you choose, and why?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #2

Liked 7 Times on 6 Posts

Don't know what caliber you are looking at, however I used to have a.USP 45 and loved it! Was one of the most accurate 45's I had. I sold it (stupidly) and regret it. I will own one again.....

Old 06-17-2012, 11:02 PM   #3

Liked 359 Times on 223 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Personally the 226 simply because I like the way it feels in my hand.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I have shot a friend's HK USP .45, it was accurate and reliable, all around excellent pistol. I own a P226 in 9mm and the new E2 grip, I have never had a pistol fit my hand so well. My friend and I have not had any malfunctions with either pistol. The only negative I can really add about the HK is trying to get parts from the company, we tried to get an extractor from them for a local PD's MP5. Weeks went by with no contact, took about 5 months to get the part. Maybe they have a different customer service line for the full auto stuff, but for an LE gun we were surprised at the lack of service. We do a fair amount of sight and trigger upgrades on SIGs and have never had an issue like that with their service dept. I would say SIG has the upper hand on ergonomics, and service, but we have never fixed an HK pistol. That speaks volumes about their reliability.
Personally, well... I already went with the SIG P226.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Both (said facetiously). Both are great weapons...believe you'd likely be beyond pleased no matter which you get. I own a USP 40c which I use for daily carry. When I can justify spending my other arm/leg, I'd like a Sig (the new Mk 25). Zero failures with my USP and the Sigs have a similar rep.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:47 AM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

between these two? I'd go with the sig simply and only because it fits my hand better. I want one bad! But, swap out the usp for the p30 and the scales tilt back to HK. I do own a p30 and it fits my hand even better than the sig. But then again, change the sig to the x Five model and the scales tilt back to sig again...

hope I've cleared things up...

Old 06-18-2012, 02:05 AM   #7

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

I had the HK USP Tactical for a couple of years. Good gun, very reliable, very accurate. Never had a problem with it to be honest other than it was a big piece of steel and polymer to carry on your belt. Easily enough to make your pants sag on one side if you don't have a quality gunfighter style belt.

One thing that bothered me, personally, about the USP was that the grips were not able to be altered and the staggered box mag made for a very wide grip. To drop the magazine with my primary hand, I had to take the weapon off target, or use my off hand. When compared to my 1911's it was a no brainer to send the USP down the road in favor of a new, 4.25" 1911 for carry.

I have a sig 229 and it has been a great gun. I have shot the vaunted 226 on about a dozen occasions. While the the .45ACP was pretty much tailor made for the 1911, the 226 is about as close a step parent as you are going to get. The 226 is a fantastic piece of hardware that is reliable, very well engineered, accurate and a weapon that will always have a secondary market should you ever need to sell it.

Of the two, I would recommend the 226, but the USP is a hell of a well built weapon system that is hard to ignore.

Probably should get both and just cover your bases.

JD

Old 06-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #8

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I own a HK usp .40 and have been impressed with it, probably won't carry anything else but an hk, because it fits me fine I can cc the full sized usp cause I'm a lil bit bigger guy, the double stack magazine makes it wide, but it a proven system.
Now let me say this, I have a good buddy that has both usp. 40 and a sig 226 .45, he'd carried both overseas and got rid of one, it wasn't the sig... said the hk was just alil to big for his hands.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #9

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Sig. Enough said.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:26 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sig!
In my opinion has better trigger