sig 226 in .40
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > sig 226 in .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 03:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default sig 226 in .40

I have always liked Sig, and rarely have I heard a negative about how they perform. I am considering buying a 226 in .40 cal for SD/HD and maybe CCW.

Would appreciate some thoughts. Most of the nitpicky crap some people look at do not matter much to me.. like mag cap, how it looks and size of weapon. I like bigger guns as i am a bigger guy.

Thanx

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

If you like the feel, a P226 is one of the best HD pistols on the planet IMO.

I wouldn't choose it as a CCW, but that's 100% about my own preferences and typical attire. And it doesn't lack capacity by any means...MecGar makes 13rd antifriction flush fit mags that you'll probably find are an upgrade to the one that comes with the gun. And you can get 'em for about $25.

Old 09-04-2011, 07:35 PM   #3

Liked 181 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropy
I have always liked Sig, and rarely have I heard a negative about how they perform. I am considering buying a 226 in .40 cal for SD/HD and maybe CCW.

Would appreciate some thoughts. Most of the nitpicky crap some people look at do not matter much to me.. like mag cap, how it looks and size of weapon. I like bigger guns as i am a bigger guy.

Thanx
If you prefer the Sig 226 chambered in 40S&W, then by all means GET it.

Be sure to try it on the range to see for yourself. Check to see if you will like how it operates if you haven't done so already. Good choice

Zoey,

Old 09-04-2011, 08:38 PM   #4

i like Sigs, i know they ae very well made weapons. Shot a friends and it was like butter smooth and my happy place grow a few inches. I also like that i can configure a kel tech sub 2000 to use the same mags and ammo. So it makes it very duel use for me.

Thanx folks.

Old 09-04-2011, 10:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 269 Times on 211 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropy View Post
i like Sigs, i know they ae very well made weapons. Shot a friends and it was like butter smooth and my happy place grow a few inches. I also like that i can configure a kel tech sub 2000 to use the same mags and ammo. So it makes it very duel use for me.
Get the Sig and enjoy.

But do yourself a favor: just get a KelTec S2K that accepts Glock 17/22 mags, even if you never intend to own a Glock. Those guns are a lot easier to come by and Glock magazines are both reliable and affordable. Your S2K will also be far more marketable with Glock mags, should you ever decide to part with it. You'll get more money for it and have an easier time selling it if its Glock compatible (I say this as someone who owns both a Sig P226 & a Sub2000 in 9mm/Glock).

As an added bonus, Glock makes very reliable high capacity (31rd) mags in 9mm at least. And 9mm out of a 16in barrel essentially becomes a 357sig, which is ample defensive firepower. It's a nifty gun inside of about 150yds...sort of a tamed down AK. There are also Korean 40sw hi-caps available, but they're a little less reliable in the S2K from what I've seen.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:51 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 144 Times on 92 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Here is the one I carry but after buying it i put a 357 Sig barrel in it The mag & Recoil spring are the same for both. I love it Extremely dependable.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:57 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7 Times on 4 Posts

I bought the 226 TacOps in .40 and it's sweet. It's accurate, smooth and came with 4 15-Round SCT mags. I did buy the Bedair stainless steel guide rod to replace the stock rod, and the .357 Sig conversion barrel.

You can't go wrong with the any of the 226s. Enjoy!

Virginia58

"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."
~John Wooden

If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning.