Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Showing off the new gun - Springfield EMP 40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbw View Post
Shank,

Nice, I've been looking at them but there pricey. How much did you have to pay if you don't mind me asking?

CBW

CBW
I walked out the door right around 1100.
A friend of mine thinks I am nuts being that he got his glock 40 for less than half of that. I think he is nuts being that he has over 2000 in rims for his car.
I am very happy with it and cant wait for the weekend to go run some more through it.
Thanks for the holster info, I will look into those.

Old 09-27-2008, 03:18 AM   #12
cbw
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Emp 40

I finally picked mine up and ran about 100 rounds through her. I had 3 stovepipes but the range/shop owner said not to worry as they usually take about 500 rounds to break in. I think I may have not pushed the ammo all they way into the clips at first, because these occurred only during the first 25 rounds. I was shooting Winchester 40 SW 165 GR FMJ I had a consistent pull up and left.(not enough trigger finger for a right hander) I let the shop owner shoot her and he put 5 in a 3" circle at 25 feet so it's not the gun. Since I was the only one at the indoor range at the time I was able to kill the lights and use the night sights. This stopped my pull to the upper left and produced great accuracy.Tough little 1911 to take apart, I was glade that I saw a video on U-tube that showed how to do it as the book was not clear to me. Had the little plastic clip fire across the room and man is that spring strong! Does any one know how to disassemble this without the plastic piece? Sorry the picture came out blurry but I had to size it down and I do shake some, should have used a tripod!

LOVE it.....cbw

springfield-emp-40.jpg  

[The odds are always 50/50