Shouldn't Admit This-- - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Shouldn't Admit This--

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic82 View Post
When I think 'Truck Gun' I'm thinkin' something on the order of a .357 Redhawk or GP-100....you driving a Geo Tracker or something?
Nope- got 2 ford F-150's-
Consoles belongs in a Geo tho

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #22

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

I have 2 Kel Tecs I hate to admit. They both function well with any kind of ammo. The P-11 I bought used, it's an older model. It took a lot of years to get it to function reliably. I would work on it, then shoot it, only to discover it its still a jam waiting to happen. It would sit for months, then I would come up with a new idea. Finally I got it running. Then the new model Kel Tecs came out.

The new model Kel Tecs had all the polish of the P-11 after I was done with it. I was down to a JA-22 for a pocket gun. I got a good deal on a P-3AT so I bought it. It was a nightmare! No matter what kind of ammo I fed it the P-3AT malfunctioned, so I sent it back to Kel Tec. When it came back it hung up on the very first shot I fired with it. The feed ramp was cut down to a tiny triangle. Just by the work on the feed ramp there was no way the P-3AT could function, so I sent the gun back to Kel Tec. When I got it back the barrel had been replaced and a lot of polishing had been done to the gun, especially on the front of the rails the slide runs on. The P-3AT actually worked with any kind of ammo.

From my experience Kel Tecs reliability issues are caused by failing to properly strain the finish coatings. The P-11 started running after I cut a board to fit under the rails and glued emery cloth to it. I used the sanding block to remove the gobs of debris from under the rail. From what I could see the P-3AT had the same issues.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 AM   #23

Likes Given: 2

I too have a P-11, and I'm not ashamed. Great shooting and reliable as all get out. I like K-T so much, my wife even carries a P3-at and I have no worries.

NAHC Life Member
G&G CETME Club
The PSL Lounge
Minister

Old 10-25-2012, 12:13 PM   #24

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don357 View Post
I too have a P-11, and I'm not ashamed. Great shooting and reliable as all get out. I like K-T so much, my wife even carries a P3-at and I have no worries.
Wife said she liked the P-11-
Told her i'd trade it for her Ruger SR9C-
She told me to go f&%K myself

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 10-25-2012, 03:51 PM   #25

Liked 78 Times on 48 Posts
Likes Given: 121

If the price is right, buy up everything.

"I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever."--Thomas Jefferson

“To the distinguished character of patriot, it should be our highest glory to add
the more distinguished character of Christian.” --George Washington

"If we make peaceful revolution impossible, we make violent revolution inevitable." --John F. Kennedy