Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Should I trust my XDS .45?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Default Should I trust my XDS .45?

My XDS .45 was part of the recall fiasco.... I have been without it for 60 days.. Now carrying my Bersa .380 or Cz p07.... After a few have posted that they are not pleased with the returned product from Springfield I am seriously considering a glock 26 as a replacement EDC. And yes I do know they are different calibers. Any thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3725 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I say wait and see for yourself.

Always have clean socks.

purehavoc Likes This 
Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #3
Podcast Host/ American Patriot/DAV!
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2983 Times on 2031 Posts
Likes Given: 632

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillman7777
My XDS .45 was part of the recall fiasco.... I have been without it for 60 days.. Now carrying my Bersa .380 or Cz p07.... After a few have posted that they are not pleased with the returned product from Springfield I am seriously considering a glock 26 as a replacement EDC. And yes I do know they are different calibers. Any thoughts?
I also agree W/JW and here is why. The gun will not feel Any Different in you hand EXCEPT for your trigger. You will either like it or you won't. I returned an M9 back to the armory twice for a #%+¥ A** trigger. On the third time I went to the Armory NCO and the Warrant and dumped the gun on the desk and stood there with my hands in my pockets......until I got one with a Trigger that worked.

Dr. Bill(Dr.Football)
CWO-4 US ARMY Ret./Med.
Proud to be a Soldier, Proud to be a Night Stalker!
The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment(S.O.A.R.) The Army's Taxi for Special Operators *NSDQ*

Old 11-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 120 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 166

As others have said, wait until you get it back, then decide. Mine came back with a slightly heavier trigger, but not enough difference to bother me, and it shot just as good as it always did. Saying that, I did trade mine off for a Glock 26, but I was planning on doing that prior to the recall anyway (started with a G26, traded for XDs.45, traded for XDs9, then back to the G26). Nothing against the XDs, I just missed my Glock.

Old 11-25-2013, 05:31 AM   #5

Liked 41 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 6

So the trigger is coming back screwed up??

Old 11-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1656 Times on 1149 Posts
Likes Given: 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tillman7777 View Post
This happens every time after a recall. "It just doesn't feel the same". In this case the recall was largely preventive. This is a 100% self defense CCW. Whether a 6 lbs trigger is worse than a 5 lbs one is debatable. In any case a moot point for this kind of pistol. It will still be a top choice for a flat side CCW. Only Kahr I think can get this thin among the 45ACP semiautos.

Remember news stories every now and then how a "suspicious" substance made a bunch of people sick, and then turned out to be baking soda? Recall does that sometimes.

Old 11-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I carry the G26 everywhere. On the side in the winter and mid back in the summer. I know it will always work with Critical Defense 124gr hp's.

Old 11-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #8

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post
This happens every time after a recall. "It just doesn't feel the same". In this case the recall was largely preventive. This is a 100% self defense CCW. Whether a 6 lbs trigger is worse than a 5 lbs one is debatable. In any case a moot point for this kind of pistol. It will still be a top choice for a flat side CCW. Only Kahr I think can get this thin among the 45ACP semiautos.

Remember news stories every now and then how a "suspicious" substance made a bunch of people sick, and then turned out to be baking soda? Recall does that sometimes.
I agree. Mine has been gone long enough that I really wont know the difference in trigger pull anyway , so it really not a big deal to me . just looking forward to having it back before Christmas . I kept mine for a while but still sent it in soon enough to get in on the second batch or returns . I have no intention of unloading it for another firearm unless they have changed something that Im not comfortable with

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 11-26-2013, 01:34 PM   #9

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercator View Post

I agree. Mine has been gone long enough that I really wont know the difference in trigger pull anyway , so it really not a big deal to me . just looking forward to having it back before Christmas . I kept mine for a while but still sent it in soon enough to get in on the second batch or returns . I have no intention of unloading it for another firearm unless they have changed something that Im not comfortable with. I'm hearing they are all coming back with a extended mag in them for your trouble

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 11-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisthecat
As others have said, wait until you get it back, then decide. Mine came back with a slightly heavier trigger, but not enough difference to bother me, and it shot just as good as it always did. Saying that, I did trade mine off for a Glock 26, but I was planning on doing that prior to the recall anyway (started with a G26, traded for XDs.45, traded for XDs9, then back to the G26). Nothing against the XDs, I just missed my Glock.
I just shot my G26 side by side with the XD9, and I must admit the XD9 felt really nice, but I'll stick with the smaller, lighter G26.