Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Should I trust my XDS .45? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/should-i-trust-my-xds-45-a-100753/)

Tillman7777 11-25-2013 12:55 AM

Should I trust my XDS .45?

My XDS .45 was part of the recall fiasco.... I have been without it for 60 days.. Now carrying my Bersa .380 or Cz p07.... After a few have posted that they are not pleased with the returned product from Springfield I am seriously considering a glock 26 as a replacement EDC. And yes I do know they are different calibers. Any thoughts?

JW357 11-25-2013 01:01 AM

I say wait and see for yourself.

DrFootball 11-25-2013 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tillman7777
My XDS .45 was part of the recall fiasco.... I have been without it for 60 days.. Now carrying my Bersa .380 or Cz p07.... After a few have posted that they are not pleased with the returned product from Springfield I am seriously considering a glock 26 as a replacement EDC. And yes I do know they are different calibers. Any thoughts?

I also agree W/JW and here is why. The gun will not feel Any Different in you hand EXCEPT for your trigger. You will either like it or you won't. I returned an M9 back to the armory twice for a #%+ A** trigger. On the third time I went to the Armory NCO and the Warrant and dumped the gun on the desk and stood there with my hands in my pockets......until I got one with a Trigger that worked.

otisthecat 11-25-2013 01:47 AM

As others have said, wait until you get it back, then decide. Mine came back with a slightly heavier trigger, but not enough difference to bother me, and it shot just as good as it always did. Saying that, I did trade mine off for a Glock 26, but I was planning on doing that prior to the recall anyway (started with a G26, traded for XDs.45, traded for XDs9, then back to the G26). Nothing against the XDs, I just missed my Glock.

Byron0022 11-25-2013 05:31 AM

So the trigger is coming back screwed up??

Mercator 11-25-2013 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tillman7777 (Post 1439704)

This happens every time after a recall. "It just doesn't feel the same". In this case the recall was largely preventive. This is a 100% self defense CCW. Whether a 6 lbs trigger is worse than a 5 lbs one is debatable. In any case a moot point for this kind of pistol. It will still be a top choice for a flat side CCW. Only Kahr I think can get this thin among the 45ACP semiautos.

Remember news stories every now and then how a "suspicious" substance made a bunch of people sick, and then turned out to be baking soda? Recall does that sometimes.

GrabberGT 11-26-2013 11:53 AM

I carry the G26 everywhere. On the side in the winter and mid back in the summer. I know it will always work with Critical Defense 124gr hp's.

purehavoc 11-26-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1440027)
This happens every time after a recall. "It just doesn't feel the same". In this case the recall was largely preventive. This is a 100% self defense CCW. Whether a 6 lbs trigger is worse than a 5 lbs one is debatable. In any case a moot point for this kind of pistol. It will still be a top choice for a flat side CCW. Only Kahr I think can get this thin among the 45ACP semiautos.

Remember news stories every now and then how a "suspicious" substance made a bunch of people sick, and then turned out to be baking soda? Recall does that sometimes.

I agree. Mine has been gone long enough that I really wont know the difference in trigger pull anyway , so it really not a big deal to me . just looking forward to having it back before Christmas . I kept mine for a while but still sent it in soon enough to get in on the second batch or returns . I have no intention of unloading it for another firearm unless they have changed something that Im not comfortable with

purehavoc 11-26-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercator (Post 1440027)

I agree. Mine has been gone long enough that I really wont know the difference in trigger pull anyway , so it really not a big deal to me . just looking forward to having it back before Christmas . I kept mine for a while but still sent it in soon enough to get in on the second batch or returns . I have no intention of unloading it for another firearm unless they have changed something that Im not comfortable with. I'm hearing they are all coming back with a extended mag in them for your trouble

scott_see 11-27-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otisthecat
As others have said, wait until you get it back, then decide. Mine came back with a slightly heavier trigger, but not enough difference to bother me, and it shot just as good as it always did. Saying that, I did trade mine off for a Glock 26, but I was planning on doing that prior to the recall anyway (started with a G26, traded for XDs.45, traded for XDs9, then back to the G26). Nothing against the XDs, I just missed my Glock.

I just shot my G26 side by side with the XD9, and I must admit the XD9 felt really nice, but I'll stick with the smaller, lighter G26.