Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Shot them both and wow...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Shot them both and wow...

Hey gang,
I have to be honest, up until today I was almost 100% sure that my first handgun would be the Glock 19. Today I went and shot the Springfield XDM 9mm and all I can say is wow!!! From the recoil to the accuracy to the feel, this was an awesome experience. Once I had the sight picture/alignment lined up and controlled my breathing with a slow steady trigger pull everything was on point. Now I am unsure of which one I want first. Does anyone here have experience with carrying both the Glock 19 and XDM9? I'm mainly wondering if you can actually feel the 4 extra rounds and extra 12 or so ounces in the weight of the gun.

Amp

xdm9.jpg  

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-11-2009, 04:37 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looks like some good shooting. I pesonally am an XD fan. Glocks feel like bricks in my hands and I can't point shoot them worth crap.
The XDM is hands down a better pistol then the Glock 19....match barrel, Springfields trigger package, adjustable backstrap, not to mention safer with the grip safety. Even the XD9 is overall a better platform.
I do not think you'll be able to tell any difference in 4 rds of 9mm. Hold 4 in your hand...is that really weighing you down? I know weight is a concideration in a carry gun but that weight difference is minimal.

If you are that happy with the XDM, I say go for it. You sound like I did, the gun just fit. It felt right in my hand, pointed easy and was a joy to shoot. You'll know the right gun when you find it and to me it sounds like you have.

If you are looking at any other guns make sure you shoot them first and give them all a fair chance. If you find yourself comparing them to the XD, you've found your gun.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-11-2009, 10:11 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

There are several more things you'll like about the Springfield which the Glock doesn't offer. Glock makes a great gun. Springfield just makes a better one. I compared the G 17 and the XD 9 and there was no question as to which was the best pistol. That the XD 9 was about $50.00 cheaper and came with a goodies pack was icing on the cake.

Last edited by gorknoids; 08-11-2009 at 10:14 PM.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
Looks like some good shooting. I pesonally am an XD fan. Glocks feel like bricks in my hands and I can't point shoot them worth crap.
The XDM is hands down a better pistol then the Glock 19....match barrel, Springfields trigger package, adjustable backstrap, not to mention safer with the grip safety. Even the XD9 is overall a better platform.
I do not think you'll be able to tell any difference in 4 rds of 9mm. Hold 4 in your hand...is that really weighing you down? I know weight is a concideration in a carry gun but that weight difference is minimal.

If you are that happy with the XDM, I say go for it. You sound like I did, the gun just fit. It felt right in my hand, pointed easy and was a joy to shoot. You'll know the right gun when you find it and to me it sounds like you have.

If you are looking at any other guns make sure you shoot them first and give them all a fair chance. If you find yourself comparing them to the XD, you've found your gun.

Hey Spittin,
I am quickly becoming an XD fan myself. I will go and shoot them both again over the next couple days before making my final decision but as of right now, I am pretty sold on the XD. All of the extra stuff that comes with it is a huge plus as well. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a gun.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorknoids View Post
There are several more things you'll like about the Springfield which the Glock doesn't offer. Glock makes a great gun. Springfield just makes a better one. I compared the G 17 and the XD 9 and there was no question as to which was the best pistol. That the XD 9 was about $50.00 cheaper and came with a goodies pack was icing on the cake.
Hey Gorknoids,
The more I watch the videos on Springfield's website, the more and more I'm looking forward to shooting that piece again.

Old 08-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

katadee,

You own no pistol and you shoot like that? What was the distance?

I think you need to look at competition shooting with that eye!

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 08-12-2009, 03:52 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

nice shooting. Where did you go? PDHSC?

Old 08-12-2009, 04:32 AM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by katdadee View Post
Hey Gorknoids,
The more I watch the videos on Springfield's website, the more and more I'm looking forward to shooting that piece again.
Skee-rew the videos. Hang some targets and make confetti. Better yet, make your own videos and post them here! I can't claim to be be a handgun expert, as I've only shot about a dozen different models, but I do know that the Springfield XD series is something special.

Old 08-12-2009, 08:52 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spittinfire View Post
The XDM is hands down a better pistol then the Glock 19.
Hear, hear!

Quoted for TRUTH!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
katadee,

You own no pistol and you shoot like that? What was the distance?

I think you need to look at competition shooting with that eye!
Hey Skullcrusher,
Thanks for the compliment, the distance was only at 20 yards. When my permits come back next week I will be owning my first handgun. I was a range coach in the Marines so that may have something to do with me being able to shoot. I plan on taking a few classes with Chris Tilley (Google him), this kid has been winning shooting competitions since he was a teen-ager.

Amp