Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2011, 05:26 AM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo

For anyone who made it to the Shot Show:

Whatcha think of the Kimber Solo Carry?

I'm specifically in the market for a subcompact single-stack carry 9mm. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not liking the Sig P290 or Ruger SR9 so much. So it's either the less expensive PF9, or spend twice as much on a PM9 or Kimber.

I'm actually weighing the option of pre-ordering a Kimber Solo this week, despite having never held one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2011, 05:35 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I pre-ordered a pistol once despite never having handled one. I shall never do it again.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:40 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 234 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I hear ya freefall.

But looking at the situation, it's the gun that I really want. The early online video reviews are overwhelmingly positive. And the way I'd imagine they'll trickle into this area vs the demand, it could be a long while before I get my hands on one otherwise.

They sent one out to each of their top 250 dealers/distributors a week or two ago, so there are a handful of seemingly credible reviews emerging. Sounds like it's a true pocket 9mm in the size class of the PM9 and PF9, and apparently quite shootable. I'd just like a first hand fondling take from a Shot Show visitor (JD maybe?).

Old 01-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5512 Times on 2879 Posts
Likes Given: 358

you ought take a look at the colt new agent or defender. based on prior kimber experience and kimber history my opinion the colt will be heads and shoulders better. the colts come in 9mm or 45acp ultra reliable out of the box.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-26-2011, 11:44 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeper22 View Post
For anyone who made it to the Shot Show:

Whatcha think of the Kimber Solo Carry?

I'm specifically in the market for a subcompact single-stack carry 9mm. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not liking the Sig P290 or Ruger SR9 so much. So it's either the less expensive PF9, or spend twice as much on a PM9 or Kimber.

I'm actually weighing the option of pre-ordering a Kimber Solo this week, despite having never held one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I went to my local shop and they had one for display. So I played with it for a while and then pre-ordered one without hesitation. I can't wait. It felt great in my hand and is the perfect conceal size.

Old 01-26-2011, 11:59 PM   #6

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Colt New Agent 9mm $885
Colt Defender 9mm $935

Ozark Guns Colt 1911 Pistols in stock ready to ship!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 01-27-2011, 12:49 AM   #7

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Received an e-mail from Bud's today...Kimber Solo fans might want to take a look...

Quote:
Our records indicate that you may be a KIMBER fan ? If so, you may be interested to know that at 1:30 EST today we activated the RESERVE ORDER option on the brand new Kimber Solo Carry 9mm for only $649 with free shipping ! Your choice of the 2-tone or silver finish....same $649 price. The manufacturers suggested retail price is $725, and some dealers are already asking MORE than retail !
Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington