Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/shot-show-visitors-re-kimber-solo-37427/)

sweeper22 01-26-2011 05:26 AM

Shot Show Visitors...re:Kimber Solo

For anyone who made it to the Shot Show:

Whatcha think of the Kimber Solo Carry?

I'm specifically in the market for a subcompact single-stack carry 9mm. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not liking the Sig P290 or Ruger SR9 so much. So it's either the less expensive PF9, or spend twice as much on a PM9 or Kimber.

I'm actually weighing the option of pre-ordering a Kimber Solo this week, despite having never held one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

freefall 01-26-2011 05:35 AM

I pre-ordered a pistol once despite never having handled one. I shall never do it again.

sweeper22 01-26-2011 11:40 AM

I hear ya freefall.

But looking at the situation, it's the gun that I really want. The early online video reviews are overwhelmingly positive. And the way I'd imagine they'll trickle into this area vs the demand, it could be a long while before I get my hands on one otherwise.

They sent one out to each of their top 250 dealers/distributors a week or two ago, so there are a handful of seemingly credible reviews emerging. Sounds like it's a true pocket 9mm in the size class of the PM9 and PF9, and apparently quite shootable. I'd just like a first hand fondling take from a Shot Show visitor (JD maybe?).

JonM 01-26-2011 03:37 PM

you ought take a look at the colt new agent or defender. based on prior kimber experience and kimber history my opinion the colt will be heads and shoulders better. the colts come in 9mm or 45acp ultra reliable out of the box.

eborden1122 01-26-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 429880)
For anyone who made it to the Shot Show:

Whatcha think of the Kimber Solo Carry?

I'm specifically in the market for a subcompact single-stack carry 9mm. From what I've seen thus far, I'm not liking the Sig P290 or Ruger SR9 so much. So it's either the less expensive PF9, or spend twice as much on a PM9 or Kimber.

I'm actually weighing the option of pre-ordering a Kimber Solo this week, despite having never held one.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I went to my local shop and they had one for display. So I played with it for a while and then pre-ordered one without hesitation. I can't wait. It felt great in my hand and is the perfect conceal size.

canebrake 01-26-2011 11:59 PM

Colt New Agent 9mm $885
Colt Defender 9mm $935

Ozark Guns Colt 1911 Pistols in stock ready to ship!

Jpyle 01-27-2011 12:49 AM

Received an e-mail from Bud's today...Kimber Solo fans might want to take a look...

Quote:

Our records indicate that you may be a KIMBER fan ? If so, you may be interested to know that at 1:30 EST today we activated the RESERVE ORDER option on the brand new Kimber Solo Carry 9mm for only $649 with free shipping ! Your choice of the 2-tone or silver finish....same $649 price. The manufacturers suggested retail price is $725, and some dealers are already asking MORE than retail !
Discount Guns for Sale - Buds Gun Shop