Shooting Range ....complaint - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Shooting Range ....complaint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardt22 View Post
thanks G21.45 where i come from magazines and clips are the same.

rickrem700 sorry to inform you but the Glock does not have a manual safety thus making it a very unsafe gun even in a trained person hands. Have you read about police officers having accidents with the Glocks? Great gun just not a safe gun...nothing beats a manual safety
as long as your finger is not on the trigger the glock is just as safe as the 1911 variant pistols. also whenever at the range and your not intending to shoot immediatly, dont put a clip in until ready to shoot

Wars begin where u will
But they do not end where you please-Machiavelli

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-13-2008, 11:58 AM   #32
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Magazine... please.

Old 11-16-2008, 08:11 PM   #33

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

I would also be concerned for my safety. You never know others extent of training or experience, so I always consider fellow shooters as "new" (until they show me otherwise). I would have said something to them politely, probably not pointing out that there has been many accidents with their make or model firearm, but that its just common sense, and maybe range policy, to have the slide locked back when your not on the line. If they continue to show ignorance in future encounters, be as rude as you need to.

If you ever think you have it bad, the outdoor range that I am a member of, has a BAR in the clubhouse... Although they do have "dont drink and shoot" signs everywhere

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 11-17-2008, 01:09 AM   #34

Glocks are very safe pistol,I don't know where the poster gets his information
other than personal opinion which we all have.This pistol is NO different than any other with no safety,you must keep your finger off the trigger ! Most accidential discharges are operator error not mechanical.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:30 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by full auto View Post
Hello all. In my 24 years belonging to the worlds largest police department and and having to qualify several times a year,(standing next to 40+ shooters on the line) I have yet to see these Glock malfunctions that are being discussed. Having purchased my Glock long before the dept authorized it, and shooting it extensively, it has performed as expected. To say the Glock is an unsafe auto is grossly inaccurate. I mean this with no disrespect. Just my 2 cents.
I second that....has always been my duty gun....