Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Shooting Range ....complaint

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 02:09 AM   #21
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT-MILLER View Post
Does it really matter if someone calls them magazines or clips?

Dood....zOMG!!!!! That's not a gun! That's a pistol! Pistol is for shooting, gun is for fun! NOOB!

How dare you refer to a bullet holder as a magazine or clip!

A magazine is for reading, and a clip is for your hair. We should call it the metal box thingy that hold the bullets.

Why do you call it a sidearm? It's not an "arm"! It's a gun! *slap*

It's not ammunition, it's bullets! Ammunition sounds too official. In fact, lets just call them steel zingers!

Sorry, been too serious lately. Just wanting to have fun.

It's CAPPERS & BOOLETZ. And that SPRINGY THINGY that feeds BOOLETZ.

Old 10-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #22

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Why do you call it a sidearm? It's not an "arm"! It's a gun! *slap*
I might make that my signature.....lol. (I think it's kinda funny, at least)

Old 10-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by G21.45 View Post
Wow! I get so sick and tired of reading the same internet palaver over and over again that, (Ready?) magazines aren't clips. According to, both, longstanding historical usage throughout the entire Western World, and The National Rifle Association (Who ought to know!)

Magazines ARE clips!

In, both, firearm advertising and proper technical usage it is perfectly correct to refer to a magazine as a clip. The only place you will hear this isn't true is on internet firearms forums where the rumor has been allowed to grow unabated like a tumor until all the gun wannabees absolutely believe it and continue to parrot it to one another.

(Does everyone, also, know that ALL handguns are correctly referred to as, 'pistols'?)
Sorry to correct you but the only place I have every heard magazines refered to as 'clips' is in North America........and that's fine for you I understand what you are refering too, but I think a little unfair to our friend. He is strictly speaking right but it's not worth having a row about, don't you think?......

Last edited by Boris; 10-13-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #24

Feeble attempt to get this thread BACK ON TRACK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
And THAT is one of the key reasons that I feel that particular handgun is not AS SAFE as other brands that are out there on the market with other, operational safeties on them.
I've watched literally tens of thousands of rounds come out of Glocks in the past couple of years of regular tactical training on open/moving ranges. First, I'll say that the incidence of NDs has been very low because I've had the pleasure of training with people that get range safety. Second, I'll say EVERY ND I have seen has been because of violating the fundamental issue of finger on trigger.

Best part, watching guys in Force on Force training forget his external safety. Repeatedly.

Last edited by KellyTTE; 10-13-2008 at 05:39 PM.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM   #25

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

The original poster was right in his approach. Glocks aren't special. They need to be slide-back, just like everything else.

I prefer external safeties myself. If you train consistently with an external safety weapon, you'll have no problems manipulating it when the time comes.

I've never had any problems during force-on-force exercises manipulating my M9 safety. You just have to get used to it, and obtain a little muscle memory.

If you prefer glock, there is no problem with that because they are still an excellent weapon.

Old 10-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #26

I agree........

Old 10-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #27
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 51 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Yeah, me too...

Old 11-12-2008, 01:04 PM   #28

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Different range complaint

Here is a different range complaint with no solution because I also understand what's going on.

I go to the range. The range I use has two separate shooting areas. I sit around waiting to get a spot on one of lanes 10 through 18. Why? Because lanes 1 through 9 have been reserved by XYZ police department or Nightguard Macho Security Company for the entire afternoon. What are they doing nine times out of ten? Standing around talking. When they're not talking, they're only using one or two of the lanes. They almost never need all nine lanes.

Now, I understand that part of the training is instruction and discussion. There's no way around it. I understand that they need quiet to talk, so the entire range room has to be reserved. But, its still annoying to be waiting for a lane when I can see that nine lanes are clearly not being used at all.

Reserve two lanes, and step outside for instruction and review. {sigh} Yes, I understand this is impractical.

Old 11-13-2008, 01:40 AM   #29

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

You are justified in your complaint.

It's not hard to look at what your course of instruction is, and determine the correct number of lanes needed to meet the course requirements.

It's simple logistics, and it seems the people that reserved the lanes didn't bother with trying to figure out what they actually needed beforehand.

It's pretty annoying to see that sort of lack of planning. I feel your pain. Hopefully you'll have better visits to the range in the future.

Old 11-13-2008, 03:11 AM   #30

If someone was going around with a slied down at our range, if they were a noob they would be taken aside and talked to at length.
If they were experienced enough to know better they would probably be told off rather sharply in front of everybody.
If they did it again they would be asked to leave the range!

If you follow the rules of safety, an accident CANNOT happen!

Keep up the fight, or give up the right!