Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Selling the Sigma, should I get an XD or a Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 07:55 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 185 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I would consider myself to be a "Sig guy". Love my p226. Really like the p220 as well. But with that said...

Springfield XD > Sig 250

I'd go for an XD, Glock, or M&P over the Sig p250 every time. A p220, 226, or 229 would be a different case...but they're also $200-400 more expensive and very different guns. The mass production and law enforcement applications of the XD, Glock, and M&P should translate to cheaper parts and accessories at the very least. And they've all got more success under their belts than this particular model from Sig Sauer.

Old 11-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #12

Yeah, I have decided to get an XD or XDm. Now its just a matter of figuring out which one, Buds has 51 different 9mm XDs!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2009, 10:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
Yeah, I have decided to get an XD or XDm. Now its just a matter of figuring out which one, Buds has 51 different 9mm XDs!!!!!!!!
i think you made the better choice....leave that P250 in the wind

Old 11-15-2009, 02:41 AM   #14
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusselin View Post
just speaking from my own experiance.... i know alot of people live and die by the sig lol and i dont mean to offend any of them, but when you hold steel in your hands and fire it, then hold that P250 , there is a huge difference, and that trigger pull was just not pleasant at all for me
I wish I had the words to respond to that thought...wait I do. I own more than a few handguns and most are steel. So I sort of get what you are saying but that is a broad and pretty much an unuseful statement. My choice of carry firearm is based on performance, size and weight. For me a polly frame fits my needs well and far from cheap. It's not for everone but then again I don't trash those that prefer a steel pistol for carry. Also when I mentioned sig I was speaking if the sig sauer not the sigma.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:47 AM   #15

I would really go with the M&P. Better than either the XD or the Glock in my opinion.

‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
— Mahatma Ghandi, "Gandhi, An Autobiography", page 446

Old 11-15-2009, 04:11 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Goju, we prefer enlightenment over snob!

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Attachment 7649
Yeah, I'm not arguing that, but every thread can't be answered with GET A COLT!! GET A 1911!! It's been around 100yrs!! It's a 45!!! Get's old....

The OP specifically asked about two particular pistols and most people know to answer accordingly.

Old 11-15-2009, 04:14 AM   #17

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Goju, we prefer enlightenment over snob!

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Attachment 7649

OP: Should I get a Sig or an XD???

Snobs: Get a 1911!!

Old 11-30-2009, 03:30 AM   #18

I've been a firearms instructor for many years and have had the chance to fire just about everything. I don't like the trigger pull on sigs. Our state patrol just switched from Sigs to M&P 357 Sigs. Towns County, Ga S.D just changed from Sigs to Glocks in 357 Sig. I like the XD, but the bore axis is higher up from the web of the hand than the M&P so recoil would be more pronounced. I carry a Para 7-45 LDA and a M&P .40 S&W. The M&P also comes with three different hand grips to fit whatever sizer hand you have. I also like the new FNP-45. If you have access to a range that sells guns, maybe they will let you shot different guns to see what YOU like best and what works best for YOU. What works best for some of US might not work best for YOU!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:45 AM   #19

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
Yeah, I'm not arguing that, but every thread can't be answered with GET A COLT!! GET A 1911!! It's been around 100yrs!! It's a 45!!! Get's old....

The OP specifically asked about two particular pistols and most people know to answer accordingly.
I have to agree with you about the "Get a Colt!! Get a 1911!!" deal, the 1911 is a great weapon, but it is not for everyone. I get tired of hearing people saying the same thing over and over.

I carried a Sig P229 9mm for over 12 yrs daily and loved it. I purchased my Springfield XD45 Service model about 2 yrs ago and liked it so much I purchased the XD45C last March.

But to be honest you can not go wrong with either weapon. I know that J&G Sales in AZ is having a great sale on Police trade in Sig P226's in good to very good condition from $400-$450. The thing I like about Police trade-in's is the most of the time they were used only on the range if the Officer was lucky. So they are in very good condition

I for one like the older model Sigs, they just seem to be made differently then the newer model Sigs. As far as the P250 is concerned I have not heard much on them.

Old 12-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I would get the XD. Haven't played with both and owning a few XDs, I'd go with Springfield.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer