Selling the Sigma, should I get an XD or a Sig?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Selling the Sigma, should I get an XD or a Sig?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Selling the Sigma, should I get an XD or a Sig?

Got my first handgun a while ago, a Sigma 9mm. I actually like the gun but now I have a craving for something a little nicer and with a better trigger. I have been looking hard at the XDs and a little at the sig. What should I get?

Heres a couple I have been looking at.

Sig Sauer 15 + 1 Round 9MM Compact w/Night Sights/Two Tone F for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $507.00

Springfield 9mm 4" Two Tone Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $512.00

I'm kinda leaning towards the XD. Such a nice looking gun.

Springfield xd two tone image by Gixerman1000 on Photobucket

Last edited by Motodeficient; 11-13-2009 at 12:35 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-13-2009, 01:06 AM   #2

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Both are excellent reliable brands. I went through a similar ordeal with both a 40 SW and a 9mm. Decided on an XD and 92FS based largely on the $200-$300 price differences as all three guns were comfortable to shoot and handle. A SIG 226 in my neck of the woods, NJ, goes for $850 plus, add at least $100 for Trijcons and thats a bit high for my budget.

Word of caution however, I do not think you are buying a P226 for $500, that is most likely the SP2022 (?). Not a bad deal, just be sure you are getting what you think you are getting is all.

Best of luck...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 11-13-2009, 02:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodeficient View Post
Got my first handgun a while ago, a Sigma 9mm. I actually like the gun but now I have a craving for something a little nicer and with a better trigger. I have been looking hard at the XDs and a little at the sig. What should I get?

Heres a couple I have been looking at.

Sig Sauer 15 + 1 Round 9MM Compact w/Night Sights/Two Tone F for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $507.00

Springfield 9mm 4" Two Tone Package for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $512.00

I'm kinda leaning towards the XD. Such a nice looking gun.

Springfield xd two tone image by Gixerman1000 on Photobucket
mark my word you will HATE that sig..... i had that exact gun and it was horrid, the long trigger pull can mess up your aim and where you want the bullet to end up.....also the gun is mostly plastic, and the cheap mags will cause the gun to jam on you, trust me if you get this gun you will soon be complaining about what i just told you about

i have heard wonderful things about the XD and even shot one myself again cheap plastic and a longer trigger pull than normal ...its no 1911 but its an alright gun

Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 AM   #4
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I've shot both and didn't think they where in the same price range but if they are I would go with the Sig. The Sig is not "cheap plastic" and anyone expressing that polly guns are cheap or plastic simply don't know there firearms well, might be a bit biased or just talking out the brown starfish.

When it comes to polly frames I like the S&W M&P, try one if you have the chance if not out of the two your expressed I would go with the sig.

Good luck and let us know what you decied to buy.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:16 AM   #5

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

We have a new 1911 snob, Jusselin.

Go with the XD, you won't regret it!

Old 11-13-2009, 09:12 AM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

For me it all comes down to the trigger. I just prefer a single action type to the long pull of a double action type. I've owned a number of Sigs and while they are great guns, I really prefer the trigger on XDs. Either will serve you well but I highly suggest shooting them before making your choice...

Old 11-13-2009, 11:28 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
For me it all comes down to the trigger. I just prefer a single action type to the long pull of a double action type. I've owned a number of Sigs and while they are great guns, I really prefer the trigger on XDs. Either will serve you well but I highly suggest shooting them before making your choice...
The XD is also double action correct? But the trigger pull is better than the sig?

Old 11-13-2009, 01:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDB View Post
I've shot both and didn't think they where in the same price range but if they are I would go with the Sig. The Sig is not "cheap plastic" and anyone expressing that polly guns are cheap or plastic simply don't know there firearms well, might be a bit biased or just talking out the brown starfish.

When it comes to polly frames I like the S&W M&P, try one if you have the chance if not out of the two your expressed I would go with the sig.

Good luck and let us know what you decied to buy.
just speaking from my own experiance.... i know alot of people live and die by the sig lol and i dont mean to offend any of them, but when you hold steel in your hands and fire it, then hold that P250 , there is a huge difference, and that trigger pull was just not pleasant at all for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

lol yes you do, and out of the 2 i would pull for the XD hands down, but if I had just any ole choice,well

Old 11-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #9

Liked 1419 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

Goju, we prefer enlightenment over snob!

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

gpp.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 11-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Goju, we prefer enlightenment over snob!

Pardon me, do you have any Grey Poupon?

Attachment 7649
hahaha............