Seeking Smaller Pistol With Built-On Clip For Holstering

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Seeking Smaller Pistol With Built-On Clip For Holstering

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2011, 03:32 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Default Seeking Smaller Pistol With Built-On Clip For Holstering

I am looking at maybe getting a smaller gauge .32 or 380 with a built-on clip. I am unclear on how the laws are in Georgia on this. If it is clipped/holstered it is considered legal and no concealed carry permit is required? Even if it is inside your back pocket for instance, as long as it's clipped. Is that right? That's what I had heard.

I am also debating on a .32 or 380. Which would be a more effective carry weapon? I know they are smaller gauge but I can see agreeing with something I heard someone say. "It is a smaller pistol but plenty effective and way more comfortable than having a 9mm strapped to your side, which translates to you will carry it more often." Makes sense.

Any suggestions on brands, etc on these? I know my brother has a Kel Tec .380 with a clip. I haven't seen it yet though.

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Last edited by ryevick; 12-04-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-04-2011, 03:47 AM   #2

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My sister (is it funny that my phone auto corrected and said "disaster"?) Carries a Kel Tec .380 and really likes it. She's not real fond of the trigger pull, and the slide has bitten the web of her hand a few times. But, she enjoys carrying it, and has learned to avoid the slide bite, and has trained a lot to overcome the trigger pull. It also has the clip.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:13 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 244 Times on 192 Posts
Likes Given: 30

380acp is a giant leap forward from 32acp, and 9mm is equally significant leap forward from 380acp. 32acp is a pretty anemic caliber in my opinion. Ruger, Kahr, Kel-Tec, and Walther each offer excellent micro-compacts in 9mm and 380acp. Many of them have established excellent track records within the concealed carry community. S&W and Sig also offer outstanding micro 380s.

I'm certainly no expert on Georgia gun laws, but I have a hard time believing that a gun having a "carry clip" on it will in any way alter your responsibilities for proper carry licensing.

Old 12-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #4

Liked 26 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 18

^^ X2.

/10char

Old 12-04-2011, 02:12 PM   #5

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
I am looking at maybe getting a smaller gauge .32 or 380 with a built-on clip.
Quote:
I am unclear on how the laws are in Georgia on this. If it is clipped/holstered it is considered legal and no concealed carry permit is required? Even if it is inside your back pocket for instance, as long as it's clipped. Is that right? That's what I had heard.
I am also debating on a .32 or 380. Which would be a more effective carry weapon? I know they are smaller gauge but I can see agreeing with something I heard someone say. "It is a smaller pistol but plenty effective and way more comfortable than having a 9mm strapped to your side, which translates to you will carry it more often." Makes sense.

Any suggestions on brands, etc on these? I know my brother has a Kel Tec .380 with a clip. I haven't seen it yet though.
You might (better) check the laws on that & NOT go by ""its what i heard"

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-04-2011, 02:42 PM   #6

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default Pistol clip-on

If you're looking for a clip to hold the pistol in a pocket or inside your waistband, you might look into the "clipdraw." They have a number for specific pistols, both auto loaders and revolvers, and a generic for almost any auto loading pistol. (Look up "clipdraw" on google.) I had one before I found a proper holster, and as an interim step they are fine. Be aware, though, that they do not have the security of a proper holster.

Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5662 Times on 2957 Posts
Likes Given: 374

my two pennies: use a holster.

a money clip welded to the side of a gun does not keep errant fingers/objects/clothing from interacting with the trigger in a pocket/purse/waist band.

carrying an unholstered firearm is a recipe for disaster. it often leads to the gun going off wounding the owner or a bystander.

just because a clip is attached to a firearm does not bypass any ccw regulation that i have ever heard of. whomever told you that is not someone whose advice is well thought out

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-04-2011, 05:02 PM   #8

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
You might (better) check the laws on that & NOT go by ""its what i heard"
really?

"Only an armed people can be truly free. Only an unarmed people can ever be enslaved." - Aristotle

Old 12-05-2011, 11:44 AM   #9

Liked 2179 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryevick View Post
really?
I suddenly dont much care

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #10

A dude just killed himself in front of his four kids stuffing an un-holstered pistol in his pants.

My PF-9 came with a clip. Took it off.