Searching for a good, all-around 9mm - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns >

Searching for a good, all-around 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I've been looking for a good deal on the stainless versions, but they run from $644 to $677 around here (new). Not exactly a screaming deal. I'll keep looking around. If time permits, I want to shoot a rental version at Impact Guns this afternon. While I'm there I will see if they have a Nickel version for fondling. If going NIB, that might be a good compromise.
Crossroads of the West is in town this weekend. I'm going to see if I can find a used one for a decent price. I am not overly optimistic about pricing, but it's worth a look. I need some .45 & .380 brass anyway...
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 11-16-2010, 05:17 PM   #42

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

Easy. H&K USP. Check gun broker for the going rate.

Psalm 138:7

Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I've been looking for a good deal on the stainless versions, but they run from $644 to $677 around here (new). Not exactly a screaming deal. I'll keep looking around. If time permits, I want to shoot a rental version at Impact Guns this afternon. While I'm there I will see if they have a Nickel version for fondling. If going NIB, that might be a good compromise.
Crossroads of the West is in town this weekend. I'm going to see if I can find a used one for a decent price. I am not overly optimistic about pricing, but it's worth a look. I need some .45 & .380 brass anyway...
Check out Bud's gunshop, they have the stainless NIB for $557 with free shipping:
CZ-USA CZ75B 9mm 16RD SS $557.00 SHIPS FREE

According to the latest review it is a polished stainless, not a more matte stainless.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:50 PM   #44

Liked 16 Times on 13 Posts

Default all around 9mm

look at what eaa has to offer ....my witness fab 92 has just what you descibed ....plus you can get 32 rd mags for it ...ha ha crackheads. the slide fits inside the frame ...(peterson rail)shoots any ammo,never jams ,have the good feel of solid steel. plus its scary accurate with factory 3 dots all for around $400.00+.....eaa is kicking butt in various pistol comps...they have complete ''race''guns direct from dealers also

Old 11-17-2010, 11:28 PM   #45

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Browning P35

Old 11-17-2010, 11:44 PM   #46

Liked 63 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Browning Hi-Power was way ahead of its time back in 1935....and is still the King! This is my 1969 version.
Searching for a good, all-around 9mm - Semi-Auto Handguns
(Maybe we can get CA357 to post a picture of HIS....the prettiest in all the land!).

Old 11-18-2010, 04:06 PM   #47

Default Browning Hi-Power - what's the finish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
The Browning Hi-Power was way ahead of its time back in 1935....and is still the King! This is my 1969 version.
Searching for a good, all-around 9mm - Semi-Auto Handguns
(Maybe we can get CA357 to post a picture of HIS....the prettiest in all the land!).
I saw the current version of Hi-Power in store and they all have a flashy black finish, which is much more flashy than that on a Sig, or H&K pistols.

Is it considered "Blue finish"? Was the finish like the one on older versions? The picture you posted shows a more dull finish. Just curious.

Old 11-21-2010, 12:57 AM   #48

Liked 3239 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

I finally got it. I picked up a CZ75BD (Black Poly, apparently it's easy to get used to), NIB @ Impact Guns. Impact has a range on site, so I put 2 boxes of ammo through it before I left the store. It shoots a bit low with the PMC ammo (110gr IIRC), I'm thinking that if I were to go with a bit heavier bullet it will be right on the money. The trigger on mine is even better than the rental guns I tried. It's predictable and seems at least as accurate as I can shoot. Take down & cleaning was easier than I expected. Highly recommended.
cz75bd1.jpg  
NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand

Old 11-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #49

@NGIB..Yeah this is what I was thinking of buying...can't go wrong with a Sig.

Last edited by Achtung_T_Shirt; 11-21-2010 at 01:23 AM.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:53 AM   #50

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I finally got it. I picked up a CZ75BD (Black Poly, apparently it's easy to get used to), NIB @ Impact Guns. Impact has a range on site, so I put 2 boxes of ammo through it before I left the store. It shoots a bit low with the PMC ammo (110gr IIRC), I'm thinking that if I were to go with a bit heavier bullet it will be right on the money. The trigger on mine is even better than the rental guns I tried. It's predictable and seems at least as accurate as I can shoot. Take down & cleaning was easier than I expected. Highly recommended.
Sweet! You made a good choice.

Mine...
cz75b.jpg