Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Searching for a good, all-around 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2593 Times on 1298 Posts
Likes Given: 248

I'm pleased to see all of the positive comments about the CZ. I played with one at the gun shop. The counter guy had all kinds of nice things to say about it. But I always think that a lot of salesmen are telling me whatever I want to hear to make the sale. The price is certainly pretty attractive for a pistol of it's class. The Money saved would buy a lot of accessories. I checked, accessories are reasonably priced and easily available i.e. sights, grips, magazines, etc.
Definitely on the short list now. The other cool thing about it is that I would'nt be seeing a dozen of them at the range every time I go. I value that sort of thing.

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 11-07-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
I checked, accessories are reasonably priced and easily available i.e. sights, grips, magazines, etc.
There is also a groovy "kadet kit" that is basically a slide & magazine made to let you shoot .22LR with the CZ75b, handy for cheaper target practice or N00B training.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:12 PM   #23

Liked 674 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 681

Ok, I'm a 9mm type of guy when I'm not shooting .45acp or 10mm. I don't care about the rounds the gun carries. Accuracy is #1. A Walther P1 or P38 is tops. It ejects left while the rifling is a right turn. They counter each other. A Sig P6/225 would be next. I have big hands and a single stack gives great control. I've been the 92 route.

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:13 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I would go with a Beretta M92FS

People say it's overrated, but for good reason. Accurate, Reliable, Combat Proven.

Second choice would be the Sig P226.

Then maybe a CZ.

Most people buy based off of Ergonomics, so I would go with what feels most comfortable.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:25 AM   #25

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

My next pistol will be a Browning Hi Power, Beretta 92, or a cz75. Now, will this come before or after i get my AR?

Like overkill said the price is a little more attractive to me since i am not in the "wealthy bracket". with the couple hundred i am gonna save on the cz i am gonna get some custom grips by this guy.

Home Page

Last edited by Flat4sti; 11-09-2010 at 01:48 AM. Reason: adding more

Old 11-09-2010, 01:47 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Old 11-09-2010, 01:50 AM   #27

I would go used, and buy any two of the following:

S&W 5906
CZ 75/SP-01
Beretta 92FS
EAA Witness/Tanfoglio fullsized
Baby Eagle/Jericho.
Sig 226

My favorite is the Baby Eagle, but any of them except the Sig are great. I like the Sig OK, but the grip is odd to me, along with the trigger.

Even with the Sig, you should be able to get them both for about $1K, and once you decide which one you like better, you can sell it and try another one.

Last edited by hemiram; 11-09-2010 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Omission

Old 11-09-2010, 02:55 AM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I like my M&P9 Pro Series. Cost me the same as my brother's XDm (Also a fine gun), but has better sights (Fiber optic front, plain black slant rear) and fits my hand better. Admittedly, the trigger on the plain M&P sucks, but the Pro Series is as good as any other 9mm I've shot (Though I've yet to try a Hi-Power).

Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 11-09-2010, 07:08 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post

The only (very minor) thing I don't like about the satin nickel finish is the slide stop and safety being black. Looks great with the black grips, but may look a bit out of place with wood grips.

Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed, and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by Man.
- Jack Handey

Old 11-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I would go with a Beretta M92FS

People say it's overrated, but for good reason. Accurate, Reliable, Combat Proven.

Second choice would be the Sig P226.

Then maybe a CZ.

Most people buy based off of Ergonomics, so I would go with what feels most comfortable.

What are the 226's going for?

Bill
http://achtungtshirt.com