The search for a 9mm - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > The search for a 9mm

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 02:45 AM   #21
WDB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

S&W M&P would be my first suggestion, the second would be the FNP. Change the back strap on the M&P and try it again. I expect you will like it. BTW the FNP also has three back straps to fit your hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:38 PM   #22

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by General_lee View Post
I have wanted a CZ75 for quite some time, they feel good in my hand and the price is not too bad.
Only bad thing about them is my finger is a little too short to comfortably reach the trigger in double action, the tip of my finger just barely reaches.
I would definitely love to have one as a range fun gun, but I don't think I'd be comfortable carrying it because of that trigger being too far away.

If were talking carry guns...

S&W SD9 9mm 4" 16RD TNS Black $367.00 SHIPS FREE

Old 01-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #23

Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts

My first choice would be my Hi-Power,great shooter,solid,15 rounds,whats not to like.I'm also partial to my H&K P2000,light weight,well made.Wanna have fun with a 9mm,then my Mac11 with 32 rounds,a blast to shoot,pain in the ass to reload!

Old 01-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #24

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan View Post
I've been wanting to get my hands on one of those SD's.
Haven't handled one, or even seen one in a store yet.

Transman,
The Hi-Power and the HK are excellent guns indeed
I'd love to have both, but right now my budget is more in the Springfield, Glock, Ruger, S&W range.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:22 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 16 Posts

I picked up the SR9 after looking at the XD I did not care for the ergonomics of the XD. I sold my Sigma after doing the trigger fix. It was a reliable gun but I though the SR was a bit more left hand friendly. I had one problem with the SR, one of the block pins under the slide stop plate walked out. Its held in by a spring tail much like the colt ar15s trigger and hammer pins. I found the notch to be a bit to shallow to grip the pin. So I ground it a bit deeper and added some red locktit to the metal block and pin on both sides. Since its not something that will be removed on any kind of regular basis I thought I would use red. I liked the M&P a lot but its at 525 and up so the Ruger at 407 was a better buy. The SR is built like the 1911, thin and the ergonomics are more like the 1911 than other guns. I liked the safety and the mag release being ambidextrous. It shoots very accurately and has adjustable sights. One other pos. is the rails are universal compared to the Sigma which are only for Smith products. I saw the smith at a gun show in Wichita new for 295 tax and all out the door. I don't know if Smith is offering any rebate still, I did not see one on their site. But thatís a great price. You will have a hard time selling a Sigma and getting your money out of it. I lost 25$ but shot it for three months.

Personally I am not a Ruger customer service fan. They act like they are the best in the business but I have not seen it. But I like the gun and it performs well and there are many Ruger brand loyalist out there so I can move it if for some reason I decide to sell.
dscn0708.jpg  

Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #26

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

How about the Ruger SR9c....

Pictured here with the 10-round magazine.

It has the best trigger of any polymer-framed striker-fired pistol that I have ever fired....and this includes Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, and other Rugers as well.

And it also comes with a 17-round magazine just in case you need more capacity....