Schmeisser 25 Cal.????
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Schmeisser 25 Cal.????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Schmeisser 25 Cal.????

I recently ran across a "Schmeisser" 25 cal (I believe) semi auto pistol in quite nice shape and seemingly well made. Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol as I have been unable to get any results searching the i-net. Any estimate of value would be appreciated.

Thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-16-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bside View Post
I recently ran across a "Schmeisser" 25 cal (I believe) semi auto pistol in quite nice shape and seemingly well made. Can anyone tell me anything about this pistol as I have been unable to get any results searching the i-net. Any estimate of value would be appreciated.

Thanks
This ought to get you started...

(1) http://www.gunsamerica.com/976785882/Guns-For-Sale/Gun-Auctions/Rifles/TU-Misc-Rifles/HAENEL_SUHL_SCHMEISSER.htm

(2) http://www.phoenixinvestmentarms.com/638schmeisser.htm

(3) http://www.littlegun.be/arme%20allemande/a%20haenel%20schmeisser%20gb.htm

Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM   #3

Wow, you sure have a better search engine than I. Thanks much for the references. The one I saw is much like the units you pointed, except "Schmeisser" is written on the grips where just a monogram exists on the pictured units.

Thanks for the speedy response.

Old 10-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #4
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 54 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Wow, you sure have a better search engine than I. Thanks much for the references. The one I saw is much like the units you pointed, except "Schmeisser" is written on the grips where just a monogram exists on the pictured units.

Thanks for the speedy response.
GLad to help!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:34 PM   #5

Default Now with Pictures

Bought the subject gun, it is marked Modell II and has the maker CG Haenel Buhl, Schmeisser's patent. It's small enough to hurt yourself with!

Old 10-17-2008, 11:42 PM   #6

Default adding pics

Quote:
I recently ran across a "Schmeisser" 25 cal (I believe) semi auto pistol in quite nice shape and seemingly well made.
Have purchased this SA and it has the following markings: "C.G. HAEMEL SUHL, SCHMEISSER PATENT" "MODELL II". Some photos are attached, hopefully. Can anyone add info based on the pics?.

Thanks again

Old 10-19-2008, 11:58 PM   #7

I keep trying to post a few photos and run into some kind of problem. Used photobucket and when I submitted it said something brief about review and consent before the pictures would post. I'll try attaching a couple of jpgs and see if that works.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

As a new member, there is a delay when you attach images or links, it's a SPAM protection feature. If you want to add some more, just PM one of the mods and we will get it posted for you.

JD

Old 10-08-2009, 08:18 PM   #9

Default .25 C.G. Haenel

I have inherited the subject pistol. It was owned by Wilber Hansen of Racine, Wisconsin.

He was shot by the bank robber John Dillenger during a robbery in Racine Wisconsin ... the subject pistol was in his pocket according to a reliable source. Wilbur survived his wounds and lived a long and happy life.

I now have the pistol and would like to know its' value .... I probably will not sell it, but I think it is a little piece of history ... I will provide more info if anyone is interested.

Dan Thomsen
703-779-7810