Sccy cpx-2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sccy cpx-2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2011, 11:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Sccy cpx-2

I just made the decision to buy me a brand new SCCY CPX-2 and I get to pick it up Saturday. I'll post pics, once I get it home.

Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII
DPMS Oracle AR-15

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB
Glock 22

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-24-2011, 03:23 AM   #2

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

You may wish you hadn't.

A shooting buddy bought one. Tried shooting Idpa with it. Safety would self engage after every shot.

I've heard nothing positive of this gun.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 11-24-2011, 03:59 AM   #3

I know people talk crap about this brand but people also talk bad about hi-point, although I will stand for their reliability no matter what, so the fact it's a cheaper gun doesn't scare me off. The warranty SCCY offers is top notch being no questions asked lifetime regardless which owner you are of it. Which tells me they will stand behind their products, and can't be as bad as people say they are. There's bad complaints about any gun ever made, and I know myself that maintenance plays a big role in keeping any firearm functioning properly.

Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII
DPMS Oracle AR-15

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB
Glock 22

Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfully armed View Post
You may wish you hadn't.

A shooting buddy bought one. Tried shooting Idpa with it. Safety would self engage after every shot.

I've heard nothing positive of this gun.
Willfully armed, I have done hours of research and from what I pull all of the safety self engaging was on the early models from the CPX-1, which is eliminated by purchasing a kit to go there for $20, and that problem has been fixed with the CPX-2 like I'm getting as there is no external safety present on it.
Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII
DPMS Oracle AR-15

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB
Glock 22

Old 12-01-2011, 12:30 AM   #5

I won a CPX-2 on Gunbroker for $160. I figured what the hey. I have taken it to the range twice and have been pleasantly surprised. I had one failure to feed on the last round of the first magazine. I have fired 210 rounds without a hitch since that first magazine. I have been pleasantly surprised with this little 9mm.
The company got a well deserved negative reputation with the safety issues on the CPX-1. It appears to me that they have worked really hard to dispel the negative rep.
The gun feels good in the hand and is surprisingly accurate. It does bark pretty good but it is fairly light. Not enough to keep me from shooting 170 rounds in my first outing though.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:37 AM   #6

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 View Post
I know people talk crap about this brand but people also talk bad about hi-point, although I will stand for their reliability no matter what, so the fact it's a cheaper gun doesn't scare me off. The warranty SCCY offers is top notch being no questions asked lifetime regardless which owner you are of it. Which tells me they will stand behind their products,
Quote:
and can't be as bad as people say they are.
There's bad complaints about any gun ever made, and I know myself that maintenance plays a big role in keeping any firearm functioning properly.
Dont know (never heard of) the gunmaker or gun BUT I just love that part of the OP's arguement

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #7

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yeah next time, listen to the advice people give ya. There are some oldies on here that have been around the block a time or two. And you standing by Hipoint, comical. Thanks for the laughs OP.

Old 12-01-2011, 11:25 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC_Richey View Post
Yeah next time, listen to the advice people give ya. There are some oldies on here that have been around the block a time or two. And you standing by Hipoint, comical. Thanks for the laughs OP.
I haven't made the time to get to the range yet so I can not say how reliable the Sccy is, however I do truly believe the CPX-2 is greatly improved and do not have the problems the CPX-1 had and therefore the company reputation does not apply to my particular gun and this new gun of there should improve the company's rep over time. As far as my view on Hi-Points, I have yet to see any hi-point to have a failure and I would take it any day for reliability then any other gun on the market including 1911's and Glocks. They're butt ugly and are quite heavy but you can't get a more reliable gun and you can't get a better warranty. Hater's of them is going by looks, feel, weight, and cost, not by the function of them and haven't had much experience shooting one. As far as the CPX-2 2nd gen like I bought, from all appearances any hater of the gun is going by the company's old reputation and by old model of a firearm that had issues and haven't gave this particular model a fair chance. Since I never did attach any pictures of it, I've attached a picture of all 3 of my guns.
gun-pics-3-.jpg  
Smith & Wesson 30-1
Taurus Model 85
EAA Windicator
Mossberg 500
Winchester 1400 MK II
Marlin 60
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger Target 22/45 MKIII
DPMS Oracle AR-15

Previous Firearms:
Hi-Point JHP
Sccy CPX-2
Ruger LCP
Taurus PT-25
Cobra FS380CB
Cobra CA380BB
Glock 22

Last edited by bikerlbf406; 12-01-2011 at 11:29 PM.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:31 AM   #9

I keep shooting my CPX-2 and liking it everyday more. Whatever issues the CPX-1 had, they sure are not present with this version. No safety on the gun. Long trigger pull same as my PF9 which is why this version will not accidentally go off if you drop it. The recoil is not as violent as with the PF9 since it is a little heavier. My wife can shoot this gun, but not the PF9.

Old 08-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #10

Just curious, has anybody succeeded in joining the SCCY Forum (www.sccyforum.com) lately? I've run out of e-mail accounts trying to do so. The same message comes up with all attempts... "The specified username is currently innactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator". Great, except they don't privide a way to do so, unless you are signed in to begin with. If I try to re-register, it tells me my username is already in use. Another thing... Those weird confirmation code words are ridiculous to figure out. I'm frustrated and just plain gave up. I sticking to Firearms Talk.