Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Sccy cpx-2 (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/sccy-cpx-2-a-52310/)

bikerlbf406 11-23-2011 11:03 PM

Sccy cpx-2

I just made the decision to buy me a brand new SCCY CPX-2 and I get to pick it up Saturday. I'll post pics, once I get it home.

willfully armed 11-24-2011 03:23 AM

You may wish you hadn't.

A shooting buddy bought one. Tried shooting Idpa with it. Safety would self engage after every shot.

I've heard nothing positive of this gun.

bikerlbf406 11-24-2011 03:59 AM

I know people talk crap about this brand but people also talk bad about hi-point, although I will stand for their reliability no matter what, so the fact it's a cheaper gun doesn't scare me off. The warranty SCCY offers is top notch being no questions asked lifetime regardless which owner you are of it. Which tells me they will stand behind their products, and can't be as bad as people say they are. There's bad complaints about any gun ever made, and I know myself that maintenance plays a big role in keeping any firearm functioning properly.

bikerlbf406 11-24-2011 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willfully armed (Post 634615)
You may wish you hadn't.

A shooting buddy bought one. Tried shooting Idpa with it. Safety would self engage after every shot.

I've heard nothing positive of this gun.

Willfully armed, I have done hours of research and from what I pull all of the safety self engaging was on the early models from the CPX-1, which is eliminated by purchasing a kit to go there for $20, and that problem has been fixed with the CPX-2 like I'm getting as there is no external safety present on it.

franco45 12-01-2011 12:30 AM

I won a CPX-2 on Gunbroker for $160. I figured what the hey. I have taken it to the range twice and have been pleasantly surprised. I had one failure to feed on the last round of the first magazine. I have fired 210 rounds without a hitch since that first magazine. I have been pleasantly surprised with this little 9mm.
The company got a well deserved negative reputation with the safety issues on the CPX-1. It appears to me that they have worked really hard to dispel the negative rep.
The gun feels good in the hand and is surprisingly accurate. It does bark pretty good but it is fairly light. Not enough to keep me from shooting 170 rounds in my first outing though.

HOSSFLY 12-01-2011 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikerlbf406 (Post 634645)
I know people talk crap about this brand but people also talk bad about hi-point, although I will stand for their reliability no matter what, so the fact it's a cheaper gun doesn't scare me off. The warranty SCCY offers is top notch being no questions asked lifetime regardless which owner you are of it. Which tells me they will stand behind their products,
Quote:

and can't be as bad as people say they are.
There's bad complaints about any gun ever made, and I know myself that maintenance plays a big role in keeping any firearm functioning properly.

Dont know (never heard of) the gunmaker or gun BUT I just love that part of the OP's arguement :rolleyes:

USMC_Richey 12-01-2011 07:13 PM

Yeah next time, listen to the advice people give ya. There are some oldies on here that have been around the block a time or two. And you standing by Hipoint, comical. Thanks for the laughs OP. :rolleyes:

bikerlbf406 12-01-2011 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by USMC_Richey (Post 641131)
Yeah next time, listen to the advice people give ya. There are some oldies on here that have been around the block a time or two. And you standing by Hipoint, comical. Thanks for the laughs OP. :rolleyes:

I haven't made the time to get to the range yet so I can not say how reliable the Sccy is, however I do truly believe the CPX-2 is greatly improved and do not have the problems the CPX-1 had and therefore the company reputation does not apply to my particular gun and this new gun of there should improve the company's rep over time. As far as my view on Hi-Points, I have yet to see any hi-point to have a failure and I would take it any day for reliability then any other gun on the market including 1911's and Glocks. They're butt ugly and are quite heavy but you can't get a more reliable gun and you can't get a better warranty. Hater's of them is going by looks, feel, weight, and cost, not by the function of them and haven't had much experience shooting one. As far as the CPX-2 2nd gen like I bought, from all appearances any hater of the gun is going by the company's old reputation and by old model of a firearm that had issues and haven't gave this particular model a fair chance. Since I never did attach any pictures of it, I've attached a picture of all 3 of my guns.

bjdiaz1 08-19-2012 05:31 AM

I keep shooting my CPX-2 and liking it everyday more. Whatever issues the CPX-1 had, they sure are not present with this version. No safety on the gun. Long trigger pull same as my PF9 which is why this version will not accidentally go off if you drop it. The recoil is not as violent as with the PF9 since it is a little heavier. My wife can shoot this gun, but not the PF9.

bjdiaz1 08-27-2012 08:42 PM

Just curious, has anybody succeeded in joining the SCCY Forum (www.sccyforum.com) lately? I've run out of e-mail accounts trying to do so. The same message comes up with all attempts... "The specified username is currently innactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator". Great, except they don't privide a way to do so, unless you are signed in to begin with. If I try to re-register, it tells me my username is already in use. Another thing... Those weird confirmation code words are ridiculous to figure out. I'm frustrated and just plain gave up. I sticking to Firearms Talk.