Sccy compact 9
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Sccy compact 9

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Sccy compact 9

Ive been out a ton recently gun shopping with my girlfriend. Christmas is fast approaching and my new toy is already on layaway and waiting for me to come get it :-D. The problem I'm running into is what exactly to get the ol' lady for christmas . . . She needs a new Ipod (or she thinks she 'needs' it, but i guess i think i 'need' more guns in that same token) but also wants an inexpensive handgun. I was originally gonna get her a bersa thunder 380 compact untill I found out that the ammo is outrageously expensive if you can even find it in the first place. In about three of the stores we've been to the clerk has put a sccy compact 9 in her hand and she absolutely loves the way they feel (and i love the price i can get them for :-D). My question is are they worth a ****? Does anyone own one and can you give me a proper evaluation? Half the people ive talked to love them and praise them as a great purchase at the cost, the other half tell me i'd be better off throwing it at somone if they decided to attack me.

I know im new here and all I've talked about so far is asking you guys for advice and I appologize, im just new to buying handguns and I could use all the guidance i can find. TY ahead of time for your time and information.

"You should see the damage, bronze. Huh? metal damage, brain damage. Heheheh. You listen bronze. I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! I'm the Nightrider, baby .... .. .
and we ain't never comin' back!"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #2

All I've heard about them is: "Don't Waste Your Money".

Kel-Tec P-11 is the same size and pretty reliable.

A used Revolver might be a better choice.

KGB
01FFL - $20 Transfers In Indianapolis Area.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:04 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I've got one and can't complain really. I've pushed 50 rounds thru it with no FTF or FTE. It's small, light, easy to shoot. I did read a lot of horror stories on them but seems there pulling there act together. Plus the price is great.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #4

My LGD had both the sccy and the keltec. I read the early manufactured ones where pretty unreliable but newer ones much improved. Putting them side by side the SCCY had the better fit and finish IMO. Also came with a stainless barrel which the Keltec didn't. I didn't fire them. Might want to check out the Sccy forum for info from owners.

SCCY Forum • Index page

Old 03-25-2010, 06:19 PM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Going to the range tomorrow morning. Gonna take the Ruger and SCCY. ill post up and let ys know how it does.

Old 03-26-2010, 05:56 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

For the folks that use these threads for reference, I linked up the range report...

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f66/range-report-sccy-cpx-1-a-25204-new/