Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   Sarsilmaz (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/sarsilmaz-11669/)

AsmelEduardo 03-09-2009 02:55 AM

Sarsilmaz

Any can tell me if in U.S you can find Sarsilmaz firearms?
In Venezuela we can find one time to time, they sell quick because are a good deal, the clerks at the gun store says that are exelent high quality CZ75 clones, just like Tanfoglios (in U.S I think that are called EEA Witness), some are metal frame and others are polymer frame, I saw one the other day made from yellow polymer frame with SS slide and I liked (to shoot at the range not to carry), but I can't test or know someone that actually fired the gun to ask their opinions... any of the forum have shoot any Sarsilmaz?

matt g 03-09-2009 03:10 AM

I've never seen them. It could have to do with 922r compliance or it could just be a California thing.

8000F 03-10-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo (Post 79870)
Any can tell me if in U.S you can find Sarsilmaz firearms?
In Venezuela we can find one time to time, they sell quick because are a good deal, the clerks at the gun store says that are exelent high quality CZ75 clones, just like Tanfoglios (in U.S I think that are called EEA Witness), some are metal frame and others are polymer frame, I saw one the other day made from yellow polymer frame with SS slide and I liked (to shoot at the range not to carry), but I can't test or know someone that actually fired the gun to ask their opinions... any of the forum have shoot any Sarsilmaz?

They are imported into the US from Turkey through Armalite Arms. as the model AR-24. They are indeed a clone of the CZ75 and unlike the real CZ, the AR-24 has a forged slide, frame & barrel. They don't seem, however, to be very big sellers here, or at least, I very seldom see them in shops and I don't know anyone who has one. See link below.

AR-24 FULL SIZE PISTOL, 9MM

Hope this helps.

AsmelEduardo 03-17-2009 08:00 PM

Now Sarsılmaz (Sarsilmaz) will make the AR's for Colt Defense LLC... :eek:
the Colts will be made outside of U.S....

8000F 03-18-2009 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo (Post 83436)
Now Sarsılmaz (Sarsilmaz) will make the AR's for Colt Defense LLC... :eek:
the Colts will be made outside of U.S....

If that is the case, they need to go ahead and close the doors...

tekarra 03-19-2009 01:01 AM

Academy in Texas has Sarsilmaz pistois. The most common one seen on the shelves is the Kama.

Wheeler 02-10-2011 05:11 PM

I've got a KAMA coming here in the next three weeks. Looks to be a fine shooter and should be a nice addition to my CZ-75B in .40, CZ-2075 .40 and my neat little CZ-82 9mm MAK.

My gunsmith brother used a Turkish buddies Sarsilmaz 9mm on the range and said it's a well thought out and superbly made pistol. Supposed to have excellent ergonomics, fit and finish. We'll see.

I'd really like to see some more in depth write ups, written in English though. Turkish is NOT my second language.

tekarra 02-11-2011 10:30 PM

You can write a report after your range visit.:D
Which Kama are you getting, the Long or the Sport?