Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2012, 12:21 PM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

My local shop quoted me 516 which was only a few dollars more than anywhere that I found on the internet. I have yet to find a new firearm that isn't cheaper at my local place than it is on the web, when you throw in a transfer fee. Also they only charge 20 for transfers. Great place, I'm very pleased with them.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #42

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Where are you located? I found an AMAZING dealer who takes great care of me. Problem is, he treats me too good and he knows what I like. Ensures I never have any extra money...

"Want some gun-candy, little boy?" Lmao!

Old 10-03-2012, 01:44 AM   #43

Ugh. Parent teacher conference tomorrow. If I can't get to the range after that (but before they close) then it's going to be next week. This is killing me! I'm breaking a common-sense rule and using it as my house carry gun without having shot it. My wife is carrying her known good pistol, so even though I'm being a poser, we're still good... Lol

Old 10-04-2012, 03:55 AM   #44

Ok. Just ran 150+ rounds through the old girl, and I had some weird issues. Fortunately they only occurred with one of the magazines, so I know that's where the issue is. The problem was in a couple of double-feeds and a failure to rack the first round (Federal HST 147gr +P) after a mag change... But the booklet says not to feed her +P anyway... Other cartridges used were Remington bulk 115gr JHP, WWB 115gr FMJ, Magtec 127gr FMJ, and Federal bulk 115gr FMJ.

THAT SAID, This is an INCREDIBLY soft and sweet shooting pistol. She points great, feels wonderful in the hand, and the sights worked better for me than the ones on my SP-01. I was going to post pics, but it was not a great time to take them, and my accuracy was hampered by 15mph wind and basically no light to see the target.

The problems with the first rounds in the mag only occurred when charging the firearm, and once that first round was in the pipe, she fed the other 15 flawlessly. So, with all of that in mind, I feel confident enough that I would use this as my EDC if I had nothing else, and I feel perfectly safe, given the size, feel, and functional sights, to use this as my bedside baby.
Given that the problems with the mag could well be break-in issues, the fact that this was my very first time out with this pistol, and the magnificent fit, I would recommend this pistol to anyone who was in the market. It's no H&K, but personally I would rather buy one of these for myself AND one of these for my wife than a single H&K.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #45
DFC

Hey all. I am new to the forum, so bear with me. I am about to pick up a new ST10. Earlier in the thread there was mention of running Beretta 92 magazines, but nothing was ever confirmed. Has anyone had any experience with using any other magazines in the ST10? I can only find ST10 magazines in 16 and 17 rounds online, which is strange as it comes (or says it comes) with two 15 round mags. I unfortunately live in the peoples republic of New Jersey and can only buy 15 round magazines and I am looking to pick up a few spares.

Other than that, I am stoked to finally get my ST10, everything I have read has been great.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #46

I know this thread is dated. I own one of these as well. I love it! Just purchased a SAR B6P this past weekend,