SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone? - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

I finally picked her up! And at great cost... The Oldsmobile (which has been known as the "Big Bomma" for "Big Bomber", long before the 44th pres came around... lol) Wait... I digress... Let me start over. Big Bomma ran a little hot on my way to the gun shop, but not too bad. About 15 miles into my drive home, the temp gauge shot up and a smell unlike any I have ever experienced issued forth from under the hood. Ugly smoke, too. Anyway, pulled the dipstick and smelled antifreeze. The oil felt like super glue, too. Blown gasket, blown motor (at 220k miles. Made in the USA!), blown car...

But I got the SAR, and she's gorgeous! Feels amazing, fit is excellent. I'm not doing too many pics here, because I'm going to do a full-on write up this weekend since I can't go anywhere lol! Here's a few shots, quick, dirty, and low quality

Whan I do the write-up I will post the link here. I can't wait to try this one out tomorrow (if I can find a ride)!

Old 09-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #32

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan
I finally picked her up! And at great cost... The Oldsmobile (which has been known as the "Big Bomma" for "Big Bomber", long before the 44th pres came around... lol) Wait... I digress... Let me start over. Big Bomma ran a little hot on my way to the gun shop, but not too bad. About 15 miles into my drive home, the temp gauge shot up and a smell unlike any I have ever experienced issued forth from under the hood. Ugly smoke, too. Anyway, pulled the dipstick and smelled antifreeze. The oil felt like super glue, too. Blown gasket, blown motor (at 220k miles. Made in the USA!), blown car...

But I got the SAR, and she's gorgeous! Feels amazing, fit is excellent. I'm not doing too many pics here, because I'm going to do a full-on write up this weekend since I can't go anywhere lol! Here's a few shots, quick, dirty, and low quality

Whan I do the write-up I will post the link here. I can't wait to try this one out tomorrow (if I can find a ride)!
Thats a sexy firearm!

Old 10-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #33

I agree with tactical! Can't wait to see/hear more! Think I will order one this week...

Old 10-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatamay89
I agree with tactical! Can't wait to see/hear more! Think I will order one this week...
I think you would be pleased. I would post a range report but for some reason I'm having difficulty going to the range sans auto. :'(
I'm going to try to run a hundred rounds through tomorrow if at all possible. This thread will be the first to know how it goes!

I DO want to refinish it in a ceracote FDE, but that's down the road. I got talked into putting money down on a PT100. No more guns after that, at least until the new year lo

Old 10-02-2012, 02:11 AM   #35

It's ordered! I went with the SS version. I'm going to Connecticut on orders in a few days so won't be able to pick it up until I get back in December. Definitely don't want to mess with bringing firearms to the Northeast with me.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by blatamay89
It's ordered! I went with the SS version. I'm going to Connecticut on orders in a few days so won't be able to pick it up until I get back in December. Definitely don't want to mess with bringing firearms to the Northeast with me.
How much????

Old 10-02-2012, 03:03 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

How much????
Davidson's had them for $510 (I think). I can't wait to see how you like it. I'm going to go shoot Wednesday come hell or high water... I saw an H&K BB gun tonight (must have been nice. It was over $100!) and this looks EXACTLY like it. So I think holsters would fit perfectly.

Old 10-02-2012, 03:13 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Dan

Davidson's had them for $510 (I think). I can't wait to see how you like it. I'm going to go shoot Wednesday come hell or high water... I saw an H&K BB gun tonight (must have been nice. It was over $100!) and this looks EXACTLY like it. So I think holsters would fit perfectly.
I thought it came with a holster?

Old 10-02-2012, 03:43 AM   #39

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun

I thought it came with a holster?
It does, it's just a very generic cc holster.

Old 10-02-2012, 04:55 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatmoose

It does, it's just a very generic cc holster.
Yeah. Exceptionally generic. It's serviceable, and is convertible (IWB/OWB/2" belt), but it doesn't fill me with joy looking at it lol. I'll post pics tomorrow, but its really not as nice as an $18 Blackhawk! special. Well, I love my Blackhawk! for my SR40c, but you know what I mean...