SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 48 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Default SAR ST-10 Questions. Sig Clone?

Hello and sorry for the strange looking title. I'm wondering if any of you have had a chance to spend time with these new pistols.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/sarsilmaz-arms-sar-st10-from-eaa-new-gun-review/
I like the look of them a lot. From what I can gather its half H&K/Sig 226 clone with some CZ elements inside lol.
It's distributed by EAA, and I have had great success with the Witness line. I'm on my 4th Witness. I know there is plenty of bad press about EAA's customer service and they deserve it. But the pistols they import seem good (or I'm just damn lucky!). I've about made up my mind to order on of these sight unseen, but I would love any input from someone with more experience on the matter.

And please, please, pretty please don't suggest that I just save up and get the real thing. I'm a public school teacher, so $800 for a Sig or $1000+ for an H&K simply isn't happening. Oh. Also I'm married haha!
Thanks againThis is a great forum!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 53 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Buds has the diamond plate Sig P226 right now for $606 shipped. I go that route before I dropped $500 on this gun.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:52 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have one, and absolutely love it. Had about 200 flawless rounds though it, and it's insanely accurate. It's fit and finish is easily as good as my p226. It's incredibly well built. Sarsilmaz makes some of the best guns in the world, they're just so rarely imported that no one in the US has much experience. I've got the all black version, not sure why the finish is. The website says blue, but it's not. It looks and feels similar to nitron, and the alloy frame finish is so smooth it feels like glass. There is no rattle whatsoever on this gun. Be aware, regardless of the advertisements, thy only come with TWO 15 round mags.

I have shot this side by side with a USP, and they feel very different. The ST10 feels (to me, at least) more like a P226, and the trigger and mag release are far superior to a USP (again, to me). I'd highly recommend them.

Old 08-18-2012, 03:54 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here's a review by another guy that got one about the same time as me ( we appear o be the only two people on the Internet with the gun)

http://www.silencertests.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=92686&sid=83e5f3018b2c65347cf 658bee500a4d7

Old 08-18-2012, 04:24 AM   #5

Thank you Greatmoose! I REALLY appreciate it!The Sig is ok (not sure about the bling on the slide of the diamond plate) but for a teacher, $150 is a big difference.

I usually put a lot of research and thread lurking into a firearm before I purchase one, but there wasn't a lot out there. Thanks for your input. ANd the side by side pics with the Beretta 92 are very helpful!

I think I'll order one. It's going to be a month before I can pick it up, but at least it will be waiting for me!

Old 08-18-2012, 04:41 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Glad to help! They're built in one of the most advanced firearms plants in the word, I think on a 7-axis CNC machine. There's nothing extraneous on this gun. I have a hunch that other magazines will fit (probably something by mecgar), but so far, nothing is perfect.

Old 08-18-2012, 04:45 AM   #7

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Here's a travelogue by a guy that visited the Sarsilmaz factory:

http://www.handgunsmag.com/2012/06/18/turkey-diary-day-1/

Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #8

The frame has a CZ "feel", even though it looks like the Sig or H&K (I can't decide which)... I wonder if they would fit with some creativity. Davidson's has mags for it for $22, so if I get one I will try to get a couple extra mags at the same time

Anyway, I'm about sold. I wonder though; why is the SR-10 more than the K2? I'm not a big fan of .45 over 9mm. If I want something bigger I will go to my 10mm most of the time. I can't wait until they offer these in 10mm. Also, the B6 is available. Ever look at one of those? I saw one in the travelogue...

Last edited by B5Dan; 08-18-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Old 08-18-2012, 06:14 AM   #9

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

I want one

Old 08-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticalfun View Post
I want one
Me too! haha!
I don't know what it is about me... I just like different stuff. I would rather pay for this and check it out than pay for a Glock that is as much or cheaper. I really look forward to picking this up, but I'm more excited about when they finally release a 10mm (or even a .40). Their poly compact (the B6 w/3.7"bbl, I believe) looks like it would be handy too!