Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > SA missfire?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 02:40 AM   #11
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8375 Times on 3624 Posts
Likes Given: 1288

Tap, Rack, and Roll. TAP the mag to insure it if fully seated. RACK the slide fully to rear, and hold it back. ROLL the weapon towards the ejection port to insure that an extracted round gets dumped out. THEN release the slide, aim, pull trigger, rejoice at loud noise.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:28 AM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmelEduardo View Post
Assuming that is round's fault, let me explain... some brand of ammo have hard primers (usually surplus ammo) as other reloaded ammo that sell the range, in the Star 9mm of my father they misfire sometimes but you cock and shoot again and most of the times it fires... obvius that he don't use these ammo for self defence, only at the range, but you never knows.... It's just to know what to do, in case of...
In a self-defense shooting, if you have a failure you want to put the gun back into working order as quickly as possible. I am not going to bet that a round of ammunition which has already let me down once might come through for me on the second try.

My training was to TAP hard on the bottom of the magazine to make sure it is properly seated, RACK the slide smartly to the rear in an attempt to clear the malfunction (ammo in this case), and READY to assess threats (it used to be TAP, RACK, BANG which I liked the sound of better. I'm sure some lawyer somewhere made them change it).

Another thing to consider is that in the heat & stress of battle you might not immediately realize what the problem is other than the gun is not firing. It may be a feed malfunction such as a stove piped casing instead of a bad round of ammo. The malfunction clearance will fix either problem.

I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts. -Will Rogers

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. -Winston Churchill