Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W SW40VE Sigma "Allied Forces" Model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1489 Times on 1007 Posts
Likes Given: 515

What you paid for the gun really doesn't matter. What matters is when you hold it do you feel batter? At the range does it give you a sense of empowerment? Does it make you feel like you can protect the ones you love? If it does all of that it was worth every penny.

I could have got the same gun for $299 this summer. Right now it's another market all guns are going up in price. We all make mistakes and buy things at the wrong time. But as long as those things serve us well we will sell enough things at the right time that it all comes out in the wash.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

No disrespect to anyone or their purchases, but I was considering a sigma as one of my first pistols and doing a little research I was lead to the impression that my money would be better spent elsewhere. Smith and wesson is a great company and make a reliable inexpensive product which is why I was considering it, but all the the other forums I visited online when looking suggested that it was hit or miss with reliability on this model. Found a lot of complaints of the heavy trigger, jams, and FTF's buying them NiB... But the information on this forum seems to contradict that.
Just a little leery of it. =P
Don't want to have any doubts in a personal defense weapon I guess.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:36 PM   #33

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I trust my life with it everyday.
never had a failure. man size targets at 30 yards is what I normally shoot. head shots are a little difficult. but center mass is not a problem at that distance.

forumrunner_20130127_113132.jpg

Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharder0002
No disrespect to anyone or their purchases, but I was considering a sigma as one of my first pistols and doing a little research I was lead to the impression that my money would be better spent elsewhere. Smith and wesson is a great company and make a reliable inexpensive product which is why I was considering it, but all the the other forums I visited online when looking suggested that it was hit or miss with reliability on this model. Found a lot of complaints of the heavy trigger, jams, and FTF's buying them NiB... But the information on this forum seems to contradict that.
I've never heard talk about ftf and such.
the common complaint is the trigger. I say if its a problem the next option would be a p95 SA/DA

Old 01-27-2013, 03:39 PM   #35

Liked 38 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillBender View Post
Just bought myself a smith and wesson sigma 40 VE model. its all black so they called this the allied forces model. anyways my dad is in the military and bought it from a trusted coworker who says he bought it as a gift and never fired it. its in great condition. no ware that i can see at all, except for maybe pulling the slide now and then. well anyways i paid 400$ for it. it comes with two standard clips and 2 high capacity clips, and a holster. nice holster i might add. anyways just out of curiosity wondering if anyone thought that was a bad deal. i have been trying to do some research on the later VE model sigmas and haven't gotten to far.
I just saw one yesterday used like new condition for $269

Old 01-27-2013, 07:53 PM   #36

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Just what I read. Don't know if its the truth or not. But I'm on a budget so whatever I get I'd prefer to get something I didn't have doubts about. Just my first impression of it. Like I said smith and wesson makes a hell of a gun, could be completely off base.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #37

Quote:
Just what I read. Don't know if its the truth or not. But I'm on a budget so whatever I get I'd prefer to get something I didn't have doubts about. Just my first impression of it. Like I said smith and wesson makes a hell of a gun, could be completely off base.
I feel you. if your not certain you want it.... don't buy it

Old 01-28-2013, 03:13 AM   #38

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Never had a FTF ever, only ever had it jam ONCE out of 100 rounds of steel casing Tula ammo and I was messing around blowing through the 14rd mag. Trigger is a little stiff but a 12$ spring off eBay lightened it up to much more user friendly pull weight. I think it's great all around for the price. I'd take a sigma before a high point or torus, personal opinion

Old 01-28-2013, 09:49 AM   #39

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Well I have heard a lot of people complain because the trigger is stiff! Well they may be true but you know that's an insanely easy fix. And some people including me like the stuff trigger. And smith and wesson have a life time warranty so even if you ever did have an issue with "jamming" which isn't likely then they will fix it at no cost. Read around and see what others think, but to be honest you will never know unless you try one.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:49 AM   #40

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

I bought one a few weeks ago and yes the trigger is stiff, but it shoots, and it shoots well. I call it my throw away home defense gun. It's to big to carry comfortably, but the perfect size to put a home intruder down. I didn't pay to much for it, so I can't really complain....at least it isn't a hi-point