Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W SW40VE Sigma "Allied Forces" Model

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I got my Sigma new for $379 some time ago in stainless, 40GVE model. At that time there was a $50 rebate from S&W plus (+) two free magazines.
Sent it back to S&W for a trigger re-set problem. They not only fixed the problem, but also lightened and smoothed out the trigger and returned it to me in about 5 days over a Thanksgiving holiday. Customer Service was excellent and with a lifetime warranty. Who could ask for anything more from a manufacturer?
If you have to get it serviced by S&W don't mention that you bought it used.
The Allied Forces model is highly desired in some quarters, probably because so many were exported for overseas delivery.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:58 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Yea, I think I'm happy with the price I paid, I mean if the gun was 300 bucks I paid 100 for 2 high cap and I nice holster

Old 01-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #23

Liked 213 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Our LGS has a old survial kit from SW with a 9mm sigma in it. It was burried deep in there gun storage for years. has food sticks, first aid kit extra mags for 485 new.
http://www.discountgunsales.com/sw-sigma-disaster-kit-9-pr-4327.html

U bought a SW40VE new for 289 a couple years ago for a house gun

Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #24

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

What are you guys finding is most accurate in these guns? Only shot winchester white box and it doesn't seam to shoot too well. Thinking about switching it up

Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #25

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
What are you guys finding is most accurate in these guns? Only shot winchester white box and it doesn't seam to shoot too well. Thinking about switching it up
Thats the best part with these guns, it eats anything and theres not a noticeable difference.

Here's an example, one day at the local range on a warm day after a hefty snow i found about 50 rounds of cheap brown bear lying in a puddle so i decided to test my gun out (recommend that damaged ammo be disposed properly, do not try at home) i loaded 5 wet in a mag then 5 dry and went at it. The difference between the crap ammo and the fiochhi was tiny if any. I trust my gun with my life and families lives everyday. I love mine so much that when i purchased a taurus 840 to carry i couldn't give it up and the Taurus sits in the safe. For the price i would buy more and probably will

Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 AM   #26

Liked 181 Times on 134 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603

Thats the best part with these guns, it eats anything and theres not a noticeable difference.

Here's an example, one day at the local range on a warm day after a hefty snow i found about 50 rounds of cheap brown bear lying in a puddle so i decided to test my gun out (recommend that damaged ammo be disposed properly, do not try at home) i loaded 5 wet in a mag then 5 dry and went at it. The difference between the crap ammo and the fiochhi was tiny if any. I trust my gun with my life and families lives everyday. I love mine so much that when i purchased a taurus 840 to carry i couldn't give it up and the Taurus sits in the safe. For the price i would buy more and probably will
Maybe I'm just having a hard time with the sights. I've heard some people jump right in and shoot well and others just can't on these sigmas. I'm decent up to about 15 yards and after that I might as well be throwing the bullets down range. Don't get me wrong, I love this gun, I just think my self, the sights, or ammo needs changed to be accurate at longer distances. Just wondering what all the other sigma owners shot and found the most accurate

Old 01-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I always buy the white Winchester box but anything I have put through it was just as good. Haven't had any problems at all.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #28

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin92 View Post
I paid 349 for mine and felt like I was giving a little much. Although I only got the gun (non black slide) and 2 14rd mags.
I waited too late and bought my wife one for about $429, with two 14 round mags and a lazer dot underbarrel light.
My question is, after reading the manual, I didn't find a safety. Is this my imagination or some kind of internal safety I should know about?

Those that do not study history are doomed to repeat it.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:38 PM   #29

Liked 1761 Times on 982 Posts
Likes Given: 1161

The only safety is built in to the trigger. It can not go back by itself. It has a pivot in the trigger. It must have a finger pushing on it to overcome the safety.

I have the 40. It is all black. My wife gave it to me for christmas a few years ago. I have lightened and polished the trigger myself. It is greatly improved over the origonal trigger. But it is still not what I would want it to be. I know that guys use the wolf brand spring kit. But it is actually a lightened striker spring assembly. It even says on the advertisment that it may cause reliability issues. (light primer strikes) All of my guns are available for emergency if need be. Every handgun that I own has a loaded mag on the top shelf of my guns safe. I will not own a gun that I am not sure will go bang when I need it. I even have speed loaders ready for the double action revolvers.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #30

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

I paid $280 for my stainless sw9ve.
I like the all black.
I thought about getting it duracoated.
I saw a documentary on a dismounted USMC infantry outfit in Afghanistan.
they were working with the Afghan police. a shipment of pistols came in to the Afghan officers from the US. It was sigmas. All the Afghans were complaining about it not being safe.
the gun is accurate if you can manipulate it to be

Last edited by gaspump86; 01-27-2013 at 03:30 PM.