s&w sigma?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > s&w sigma?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default s&w sigma?

title says it all i want to know everything there is to know about this gun. good price? reliability? accuracy? how does it compare to the m&p and the g19? ect. thanks for any advice in advance.

"Time's are rough and time's are strange but times one thing that you cant change." - Rodney Adkins

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #2

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunguy1997
title says it all i want to know everything there is to know about this gun. good price? reliability? accuracy? how does it compare to the m&p and the g19? ect. thanks for any advice in advance.
Horrible trigger, accurate once you figure it out. Reliable, inexpensive, it's a S&W.

I think Trip 286 said it best...(and I'm paraphrasing) "trigger sucks, goes bang every time, will outlast you, your kids and your grandkids".

Old 04-26-2012, 07:42 PM   #3

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51 View Post
Horrible trigger, accurate once you figure it out. Reliable, inexpensive, it's a S&W.

I think Trip 286 said it best...(and I'm paraphrasing) "trigger sucks, goes bang every time, will outlast you, your kids and your grandkids".
ok thanks i help one last week and cant remember the price to save my life but it felt good in the hand i could hold it steady and it just felt good all around.

"Time's are rough and time's are strange but times one thing that you cant change." - Rodney Adkins

Old 04-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #4

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:

I have one and had the trigger resprung , WORLD OF DIFFERENCE , great gun accurate , and well worth the money

Old 04-26-2012, 08:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
I have one and had the trigger resprung , WORLD OF DIFFERENCE , great gun accurate , and well worth the money
I have a 40VE and the smith at the range didn't even want to mess w/it. What'd it run to have it re-sprung?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM   #6

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
I have a 40VE and the smith at the range didn't even want to mess w/it. What'd it run to have it re-sprung?
I think I paid around $40 , $14 of that was the spring.
there are lots of videos out there if you wanna try to do it yourself I had mine done before I found any videos ,
metal guide rods also available

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?page=items&cID=1&mID=58&dID=260

Last edited by purehavoc; 04-26-2012 at 08:24 PM.

Old 04-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

If you plan to use it for SD then leave the gun stock. Having a modified trigger can raise legal issues for SD which may bite you.

I have a Sigma 9 and I like it. I don't find the trigger bad and it's the safety feature of the gun. It won't go bang unless you really want it to. Great grip and wide trigger makes it comfy to hold and shoot. Since I'm not using it for SD I removed the torsion spring which made the trigger a little lighter but smoother for range shooting.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #8

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSawer40 View Post
If you plan to use it for SD then leave the gun stock. Having a modified trigger can raise legal issues for SD which may bite you.

I have a Sigma 9 and I like it. I don't find the trigger bad and it's the safety feature of the gun. It won't go bang unless you really want it to. Great grip and wide trigger makes it comfy to hold and shoot. Since I'm not using it for SD I removed the torsion spring which made the trigger a little lighter but smoother for range shooting.
yes it will be a range and HD gun.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JigSawer40

Yeah, I got around the need for it to be my SD gun by buying an M&P 40c.

I've since bought several diff pistols for that purpose, so it would be a rare exception to go to the Sigma for carry. That being the case, I'd like the trigger to be lightened.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #10

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

The Sigma is kind of an enigma for S&W. They tried to make it Glock like and the only thing they got for their efforts there was sued by them for the safety. Patent infringement, or something like that. Still, for a low cost semi in two caliber choices, it isn't bad. There are numerous articles and videos on improving the trigger which is the major complaint about the VE series. The main mod I see is now is for the removal of the secondary spring which lightens up the pull but is allegedly not supposed to hinder the safe operation of the pistol. I don't own a Sigma and have never tried to do the mod on anyone's so all I know is what I read.

For the price point, you could do a lot worse.