Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W Sigma 40 S&W

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2010, 03:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

As a former Sigma owner, I will say that the Sigma is a very good gun.
Yes, the trigger pull is hard but, that is about the only complaint you will hear about this gun, trust me, if you have ever shot a double action revolver, you can get used to the Sigma's trigger pull.
I traded my Sigma for a Springfield Loaded 1911, I wouldn't have got rid of it otherwise.
Would I ever buy another Sigma? You bet your a$$ I would! Even though the 1911 I traded for is worth a good bit more than a Sigma, I do miss it and will eventually get another.

Old 06-22-2010, 03:35 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
Well, Well, will you look at the influx of Sigma owners. Does my heart good.
Maybe, just maybe someday that Sigma/M&P subforum will get the green light.
I mean seriously Glock and XD have their own.

Oh, by the way mine is .357sig
My Serial prefix is PBA. What up with that?
Maybe we need to get one together, it seems like we have enough Sigma loves< you're always gonna have the haters. If you can do it count me in!

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience." ~

Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 PM   #13
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2273 Times on 1359 Posts
Likes Given: 1060

Got two, one bought new, one bought used. No problems with either. (prefer them over the G..., the Gl...., the Glo...., oh that other plastic pistol.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 06-22-2010, 05:49 PM   #14

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
Got two, one bought new, one bought used. No problems with either. (prefer them over the G..., the Gl...., the Glo...., oh that other plastic pistol.)
I'd take one over a Glock 8 days a week. HEH, I sold two Glocks after I shot the 40VE once. I did replace the striker spring though in mine to get the pull down a little. Wolff sells them cheap. The guy that has my old one still has the same spring I put in it as well as the original and the other two that come from Wolff. It's been in there for years now. That man swears by that Sigma.

There's not many striker fired pistols I"ll look at. The Sigma's are one of a few. To those that don't liek the trigger. I'd strongly advise not buying a DAO pistol. They are longer, stiffer triggers.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson