s&w sigma .40 - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > s&w sigma .40

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 01:48 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 480 Times on 329 Posts

Im not used to the sigma series. I have a full size m&p 40 that i love.

Old 05-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #12

Liked 243 Times on 180 Posts

I am certainly no Sigma fan. I bought one from a guy at work who was needing some money. I shot about three or four rounds the day I bought it, took it home and put it away. A couple years later I took it to the range, don't know why but had some kind of. Malfunction that appeared than the round fired before the bullet had fully chambered. I stopped immediately when I got home did clean and inspect. Couple weeks later took it back on the 3rd mag it happened again but worse. It blew the mag completely out, and blew a large piece of the frame out just above my hand and cracked the frame on the other side as well. An email and call to S&W resulted in a I can't help you your not the original owner. Now I know S&W makes some fine guns, the sigma in my opinion is not one. But the way I was treated by their CS I will never ever own another one.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #13

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol
I am certainly no Sigma fan. I bought one from a guy at work who was needing some money. I shot about three or four rounds the day I bought it, took it home and put it away. A couple years later I took it to the range, don't know why but had some kind of. Malfunction that appeared than the round fired before the bullet had fully chambered. I stopped immediately when I got home did clean and inspect. Couple weeks later took it back on the 3rd mag it happened again but worse. It blew the mag completely out, and blew a large piece of the frame out just above my hand and cracked the frame on the other side as well. An email and call to S&W resulted in a I can't help you your not the original owner. Now I know S&W makes some fine guns, the sigma in my opinion is not one. But the way I was treated by their CS I will never ever own another one.
That's crappy of them! Not many people treat you like hi point! Say what you want about their guns... but noone can talk about their warranty! Glad you weren't hurt!

Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #14

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1912

I've got a Sigma 9mm and I love it. No problems yet, but I've only put a few hundred rounds down range. I shoot good with it, and I am now used to the trigger.

Its accuracy and quality are about the same as my friends Glock 22.

I am sorry to hear about y'all having problems. Guess there is a lemon out of every bunch..

Old 05-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 41

I bought a Sigma .40 about 3-4 yrs. ago. Had good experience with their customer service. It's not my favorite handgun, but for dependability and price it's been a good buy. It took a while for me to get used to shooting it with any kind of accuracy, but I was determined to master it. The .40 round is quite snappy in such a light handgun IMO and I think that was part of my initial problem (recoil management). I got a Hogue slip on rubber grip and my shooting got a lot better. It ate every thing I fed it.
Sorry to hear about your experience and glad you didn't get hurt.

Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 AM   #16

Liked 640 Times on 381 Posts
Likes Given: 1912

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycharlie2
I bought a Sigma .40 about 3-4 yrs. ago. Had good experience with their customer service. It's not my favorite handgun, but for dependability and price it's been a good buy. It took a while for me to get used to shooting it with any kind of accuracy, but I was determined to master it. The .40 round is quite snappy in such a light handgun IMO and I think that was part of my initial problem (recoil management). I got a Hogue slip on rubber grip and my shooting got a lot better. It ate every thing I fed it.
Sorry to hear about your experience and glad you didn't get hurt.
Where did you get that grip? Can I have some info plz? I've been thinking of putting one on my sigma 9.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #17

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryptar19 View Post
Where did you get that grip? Can I have some info plz? I've been thinking of putting one on my sigma 9.
I got mine at a LGS, but I'm sure Midway has them. The grip is just a slip over the existing grip on the pistol (rubberized). Pachmyer and another company (I've forgotten the name) make them. Sorry, just dumped a lot of my old gun photos out of my computer. You can also got to the S&W forum. They have a section dedicated to the Sigma and have many photos.
I had to do a little trimming on mine.

Last edited by crazycharlie2; 05-15-2012 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Added trimming note.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:17 PM   #18

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

I have a little different story. My mom bought my dad a Sigma 9 . He hated it, so in order for him to have one he likes I traded him a P89 for it.
I liked it but hated the trigger. I gave it a backyard trigger job but rounded the edge of the striker hook so it started giving light strikes. You can’t buy a new striker because its factory install only. I called S&W and told them what I did and I wasn’t the original owner …..told them the story.
They sent me a prepaid label for shipping, fixed it and had it back to me in two weeks no charge. They left the sear I had polished correctly. I installed a 4# Glock striker spring and now the trigger is much nicer. The gun is actually very accurate and reliable, now it sits under the coffee table…..waiting.

Old 06-01-2012, 01:21 AM   #19

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

A Sigma 9mm was my first gun. For $300 brand new it was a very good investment. Yes tough trigger, and a little heavy when fully loaded, but it.never did me wrong. 1500 rds of all different ammo and NOT ONE problem. I got more accurate as time went on. My buddy who has been shooting for years was very accurate with it. 2-3 inch groupings at 7 yards. I did sell it in order to get my G19, but it was a very good, simple, reliable starter gun.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #20

Liked 11 Times on 7 Posts

I love my sigma, never had a problem with it. Did a little trigger job to lighten the pull on, won't carry it that way though I just use it as a range gun.