Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W Model 410?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S&W Model 410?

Does anyone have any feedback on the S&W Model 410? Also would it be a good gun for an armed security guard?

God and guns make this country strong.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #2
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2279 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

Some states do not allow a guard to carry anything other than a .38 caliber. Please check your state statutes.
Other than that, I believe it would be a good gun.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 06-12-2010, 03:52 PM   #3
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 694

I had a 411 for 14 years that was my first handgun. It's the same gun but with larger magazine capacity (IIRC). It was a solid gun and never malfunctioned, but it was not accurate.

For example: I was out shooting with a friend years ago. We were at about 15 yrds. At that distance, my 411 was all over the paper. He handed me his Les Baer Custom and I shot a solid 5 inch group. I decided then and there to trade it for something better. It's since been replaced by my XDm .40

I don't think I would feel comfortable with a 411 for a professional. I'd recommend my XDm much more heartily. It's more accurate, has a better trigger, better safeties (in my opinion), more capacity. It is just a much better gun all around. And the XDm won't break the bank to purchase.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Last edited by ScottA; 06-12-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Old 06-12-2010, 04:07 PM   #4

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I've known a couple people that had that model. One was pretty good the other you could not hit your rump with it in your back pocket. For that reason I don't know if I'd want one for a work weapon. There are just too many other pistols you can get that you know will do a good job. For me anyway.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Thanks guys. danf, in WV all you have to have for an armed security job is training and a CCW. Scott, I was also looking at the XD40 Service as a duty pistol, are they safer than a Glock?

Old 06-12-2010, 04:18 PM   #6

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I'd take an XD over a Glock every time. I just think them to be better weapons. Safer? I'm not all that sure. They both don't seen to go off if dropped. Keep your finger out of the trigger guard and they all are as safe as they need to be.

I like the XD for a better fit. The grip safety is really not a plus or minus in my opinion. But the XD seems to have a more friendly grip and I have shot better groups with the XD that I have with a Glock. I've owned both at one time or another.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-12-2010, 04:27 PM   #7
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1905 Times on 1042 Posts
Likes Given: 694

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasquatch76 View Post
Thanks guys. danf, in WV all you have to have for an armed security job is training and a CCW. Scott, I was also looking at the XD40 Service as a duty pistol, are they safer than a Glock?
I haven't found a Glock I like, but to each his own.

As for the Springfield being safer than the Glock, that's kind of like the old saying in aviation... "What's the safest airplane. It's the Piper Cub. A Piper Cub can only barely kill you."

I like safeties on semi-auto's. The XD safeties I think are the most functional available. Not that I would describe them as more safe, just better designed for their purpose. That is quick deactivation when needed, and otherwise positively engaged without independent action.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 06-12-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2279 Times on 1363 Posts
Likes Given: 1063

What firearm is recommended by the training?

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC

Old 06-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #9

I recently e-mail the company I'm seeking employment with and asked that. Hopefully I will hear from them soon. As for now I just need to find out more about what pistols would be most suitable for armed security.