S&W M&P Thread
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W M&P Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2011, 02:39 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default S&W M&P Thread

I'm sure there must be members here that have this series of S&W pistols.

Perhaps it's because I'm new here, but I don't see anything listed but 1911's, Springfields, and Glocks.

How about it guys, any M&P fans on this forum ?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-30-2011, 04:21 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Lots of M&P owners here, but until the M&Ps reach the overall popularity and sales totals of the 1911s, XDs and Glocks they will have to sit patiently in the back of the room and wait for their turn at the chalkboard.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 PM   #3

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I think what Rock meant to say was stand in corner. Welcome to the club, Moe.

The rest of the world gets it,why can't we?
"The United States can survive a Barack Obama,who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president".
Out of the Czech Republic

Psalm 138:7

Last edited by HKSlinger; 01-30-2011 at 04:56 PM.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #4

I was hoping there would be some meat to this discussion. I'm ordering my 9 pro tomorrow. Everyone says install the trigger kit from Apex. Anyone done that one?

Old 01-30-2011, 09:29 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Got the 40c here. Great gun.

"They're on our right, they're on our left, they're in front of us, they're behind us; they can't get away from us this time."
Chesty Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir, Korean War

"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."
- Father Kevin Keaney, 1st MarDiv Chaplain, Korean War

Old 01-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #6

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I've owned a couple of them and I could never get used to the trigger. Sadly, both the ones I had came with the mag disconnect - which I totally detest. I understand that the aftermarket trigger really enhances this gun...

Old 01-31-2011, 01:37 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by M14sRock View Post
Lots of M&P owners here, but until the M&Ps reach the overall popularity and sales totals of the 1911s, XDs and Glocks they will have to sit patiently in the back of the room and wait for their turn at the chalkboard.
I may be new to this forum, but I'm certainly not new to the shooting sports.

Like many old dogs, I'm not really partial to new ideas, pistols made out of plastic and that have no safeties are certainly in that bracket, and for me, they take some getting used to.

While it didn't take much prodding, I've almost talked myself into "needing" a new 9mm semi-auto, now there are a whole lot of semi compact 9's on the market, a little research on American made offerings whittled the choice down a bit, since I'm looking for a medium sized gun, one that's fairly light weight, yet pleasent shooting, and fits the hand nicely, the choice is getting smaller all the time.

I don't care for the grip angle on the Glocks, I never cared for Rugers big bore pistols, Khar's are not much better for my taste, and if I wanted a 1911 type carry gun, I wouldn't be looking at nines.
I have had several nines in the past, I made the mistake of trading off a real nice post war civilian High Power, and I have a S&W mod. 59 that was custom built for me by S&W when I went thru their armorers school.
As much as I love that mod.59, I'm looking for a smaller grip frame and something more easily concealed.
Being partial to Smiths and reading a bit about their line of M&P semi-autos has me paying special attention to their 4-1/4 " model.

It seems to me that the M&P line of semi-autos has been out and receiving good reviews for several years now, and has been adopted by quite a few local, state, and federal police agencies, how long does it take before it can get out of the corner into the light ?

Last edited by Moe M.; 01-31-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKSlinger View Post
I think what Rock meant to say was stand in corner. Welcome to the club, Moe.
Well sir, I do thank you for the welcome, but I'm afraid I've never ever been much good at doing what I'm told, not that I haven't mind you, just not much good at it.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:55 PM   #9

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

I have 2, a 9c and a 9Pro. Love both of them. No mag disconnects on mine My 9c has an ambi-safety which I do plan on trading in for one that doesn't have a safety.

I would *like* to see a separate sub-forum for M&P's but I'm not so sure how necessary it is.

Albert Einstein "The important thing is not to stop questioning"

Old 01-31-2011, 02:30 PM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJason View Post
I have 2, a 9c and a 9Pro. Love both of them. No mag disconnects on mine My 9c has an ambi-safety which I do plan on trading in for one that doesn't have a safety.

I would *like* to see a separate sub-forum for M&P's but I'm not so sure how necessary it is.
Is 'necessary' manditory ?