Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S&W M&P 9 vs Glock 17

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Let me stop this right here. I am not going to attack anyone else. I do not like opinions base on me personally or attacks on my post. You guys are offended and talk crap so easily you tell me what you want me to post. Better yet try to get along or don't read my threads. I only want to make friends. I have never had an issue discussing these topics in real life but suddenly mo one like the way I talk or some one doesn't like GLOCK or some other BS. I like to talk about about one type of gun in particular and yall know what that's. I can't help it if it offends you or you don't like the way I respond when you talk crap. So therefore I am not going to respond to any negative personal comments. If you have a gun comment of any kind I don't care but if you say stupid stuff about me ill say something to you. Thanks have a nice day

Old 01-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #12

Can't go wrong either way.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #13

I like some of the feature of S&W bit not all of them. GLOCK has no features and has to have the cool add ons I think. Like the tac light

Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #14

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm not talking crap. I've posted concise, informative replies with some ideas, opinions, and thoughts. Relax....i'm not attacking you personally.

With that said...everyone's opinion differs. Nobody will ever be able to please everyone else. I enjoy a wide array of firearms and try not to limit myself to one brand or type. It has helped me find guns I would have never given the time of day to.

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 01-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #15

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
I'm not talking crap. I've posted concise, informative replies with some ideas, opinions, and thoughts. Relax....i'm not attacking you personally.
Unfortunately there's a party in this thread that cannot handle rational thought, data, or legitimate fact.

The owner of our local forum once intervened in a situation with this.

It is a private forum, open to public use. If you don't want to hear opinions, especially those that are against your opinion ... feel free not to post.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 01-03-2012, 11:37 PM   #16

Feel free not to make statements that challenge me or my way of writing or you can go

Old 01-03-2012, 11:57 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5324 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 338

please stick to the question of the OP and help him with thoughtful on topic opinions based on facts or experience.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-04-2012, 01:20 AM   #18

Liked 19 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
please stick to the question of the OP and help him with thoughtful on topic opinions based on facts or experience.
I am

OP - you already said you really liked the way the S&W felt and shot. If you like it over the Glock then go for it!

From my experience, fit and finish is a better on the M&P, reliability so far is equal to many of my Glocks and surpasses others, and the ergonomics of the grip, at least for me, feels much better. Between the original owner and me there is almost 900 rounds through it without one failure of any type.

I think you've made your decision already

What do I shoot with? Canon gear of course

Old 01-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum27 View Post
went to the range today and shot a G19 and SW MP .40 and the SW was much better to me.
You answered your question right there, but since you asked, I will give my opinion.

I used to HATE Glock, I mean absolutely hate them. Wouldn't buy once, shoot one, or even touch one lest I might catch some terrible illness. Then one day I picked one up, played with it a bit, ended up actually like it and buying it. It was a Glock 17. Shot it a while, liked it, so I bought another for carry, a Glock 26.

A couple months back I was at another local gun store, and they had a little cardboard display on the counter that had 3 plastic M&Ps, each with the different backstrap. I picked up the small, liked it. Picked up the medium, liked it more, but when I picked up the one with the large backstrap, I kid you not a ray of sunshine shined down one me, and angels came down and sang to me. I knew I had to have it. So I traded in my Glock 17 and bought a M&P9 with no thumb safety, mag disconnect or frame lock, and couldn't be happier.

Don't get me wrong, I like Glocks, and will recommend them, but I like M&Ps more. They fit my hand better, I like the aggressive slide serrations, I like the ambi slide lock, I prefer the trigger, plus a few other things.

I still carry that Glock 26, but when funds allow I'm gonna pick up a M&P9c that will be my new EDC once it's proved reliable, and the Glock will probably get moved to a truck gun.

In the end, it doesn't matter what we like, it's all about what makes a ray of sunshine shine down upon you and angels come and sing you a song.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 01-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #20

Thanks for the info everyone. This was the first time I EVER shot and I don't think 50 rounds in each gun gives me enough feedback so I wanted people's personal thoughts. They also were of different calibers so I thought that could make a difference as well.

I understand it is always a personal choice but that doesn't mean the individual thoughts people have on the subject aren't insightful or interesting.