Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > S & W 9mm sigma (lefty?)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2010, 10:46 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default S & W 9mm sigma (lefty?)

Just bought this gun (my first) without even considering the fact that I am left handed. is there any reasonably easy way to switch the side of the magazine release button? I can use my index finger but the gun isn't as secure as I'd like it to be when doing that.

While I am thinking of it (for the future) are there left handed or ambidextrous guns?

Thanks,

Jeff

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2010, 03:44 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2689 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 216

The S&W M&P has a reversible mag release. The HK USP, S&W/Walther P-99 and Springfield XD have ambi mag releases. Many lefties use their trigger finger or left middle finger to release the mags.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 11-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #3

Liked 25 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainryche View Post
Just bought this gun (my first) without even considering the fact that I am left handed. is there any reasonably easy way to switch the side of the magazine release button? I can use my index finger but the gun isn't as secure as I'd like it to be when doing that.

While I am thinking of it (for the future) are there left handed or ambidextrous guns?

Thanks,

Jeff
For future reference I would try to test shoot any gun before buying it, the local gunshops in my area with ranges rent many many guns or at lease dry fire it to get a feel if the controls will work for you.....unfortunately you live in a right-handed world that does not always take into account that there are lefties out there.

I don't believe the mag release is reversible for the Sigma. As was stated the M&P does have a reversible mag release for lefties.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:01 PM   #4

Thanks,
After handling the gun some more last night I feel the index or middle finger wont be too bad. Did not know about rental or test firing. I will definitely keep that in mind for the future.