Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Semi-Auto Handguns (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/)
-   -   S & W. 40 sigma (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/s-w-40-sigma-68426/)

fev 07-18-2012 02:41 AM

S & W. 40 sigma
 
Does anyone like these? Have an oppertunity to buy a less then yr old 1. Less than 50 rounds thru it for $ 250.00.
Thx for any input.

Rick1967 07-18-2012 02:43 AM

I have one. It is reliable. Totally reliable. But it has a crappy trigger. If you want something to defend yourself with you could do a lot worse. If you want something to do bullseye or competition you could do a lot better. $250 is not a bad price.

Jpyle 07-18-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fev (Post 873389)
Does anyone like these? Have an oppertunity to buy a less then yr old 1. Less than 50 rounds thru it for $ 250.00.
Thx for any input.

Shoot it yet? Fine gun, lousy trigger. Pull weight is like a revolver...some like it, some don't.

fev 07-18-2012 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick1967
I have one. It is reliable. Totally reliable. But it has a crappy trigger. If you want something to defend yourself with you could do a lot worse. If you want something to do bullseye or competition you could do a lot better. $250 is not a bad price.

Thx for the replies, i figured for $250 i won't let it go by.

silverado113 07-18-2012 03:32 AM

The newer model is MUCH better. I have the SD40VE in and it's trigger is a lot smoother.

JMAtactical 07-18-2012 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fev
Does anyone like these? Have an oppertunity to buy a less then yr old 1. Less than 50 rounds thru it for $ 250.00.
Thx for any input.

Man i have the exact same gun you do. Its not bad for the price. I have fired many rounds through it without problem or any failures. I was shooting on my land at night amd had a two foot by two foot ply wood board about fifteen feet away and loaded four pdx1 jhps in the mag. I fired as fast as i could and i hit the board all four times. This isnt the most pin point pistol but it is for sure a dang good deal. My wife had it for sd and hd when i am at work so i trust it

Olympus 07-18-2012 03:53 AM

I had the same gun. Hated it and got rid of it. One of the few guns I don't regret selling.

Rick1967 07-18-2012 03:58 AM

I would have already sold it. But it was a gift from my wife. I dont want to hurt her feelings.

GunRunner 07-18-2012 04:31 AM

Not a bad price, but not a great pistol, if you like Glocks you might even love it.

mdemotte 07-18-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverado113
The newer model is MUCH better. I have the SD40VE in and it's trigger is a lot smoother.

Same here.. The newer version seems to solve all the negatives of the original Sigma... New SDVE 's go fir around $330.. The original is not horrible just takes some time to get use to the trigger.. $250 is a fair price... No great


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.