Ruger warranty
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Semi-Auto Handguns > Ruger warranty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 02:44 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Ruger warranty

I bought a Ruger P345 on December 15th. I have enjoyed it, but I had a problem with it about a week ago. I had cleaned it and then, after reassembling it, I inserted the magazine and it got stuck. I couldn't get it out of the gun. I went over to the seller and asked the guy to look at it and he was able to "jerk" or force the magazine out of it. He looked it over and said that I had bent a wire in the receiver of the gun and he finally got it straightened out and it works okay. I sure don't know how it got bent and I think that he bent it "forcing" the magazine out of the gun. I don't know how it happened, but it only cost me $20 and about 20 minutes of time.

Here is the question I have. After I bought the gun, I downloaded the owners manual from the Ruger site so I could view it on my computer (as well as having a printed manual) and I copied this on the warranty from the online manual:

"WHY NO WARRANTY CARD HAS BEEN
PACKED WITH THIS NEW RUGER FIREARM
The Magnuson-Moss Act (Public Law 93-637) does not require any
seller or manufacturer of a consumer product to give a written
warranty. It does provide that if a written warranty is given, it must be
designated as “limited” or as “full” and sets minimum standards for a
“full” warranty. Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. has elected not to
provide any written warranty, either “limited” or “full”, rather than to
attempt to comply with the provisions of the Magnuson-Moss Act and
the regulations issued thereunder. There are certain implied
warranties under state law with respect to sales of consumer goods. As
the extent and interpretation of these implied warranties varies from
state to state, you should refer to your state statutes. Sturm, Ruger &
Company wishes to assure its customers of its continued interest in
providing service to owners of Ruger firearms."

To be honest, I have never seen that before with something with as expensive as a Ruger pistol. Does this mean that the manufacter does not have to repair a Ruger pistol that has a defective part? Are there other firearm manufacturers that are like this or are there companies that will warrant a problem for a period of time, like a car, a DVD player, Computer, etc. This sure seems like a "ripoff" for customers. It sure was written by lawyers to try to make it seem like this "no warranty" of a policy is a good thing and they assure customers that they are committed to us!!!

What do you guys think??

MarMac

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-13-2007, 03:21 AM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 32

MarMac,

I think if you contact Ruger service you will get a reassuring response. I have never known Ruger to dodge customer service.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:50 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thank you, I hope so! I just don't understand why they wouldn't make a warranty written and clear. I've heard some say that they may be selling out and that would be distressing especially for future parts availability. A changing of control is sure tough in a lot cases.

MarMac

Old 05-14-2007, 12:07 PM   #4

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Ruger warranty service?

Marrmac

Hello all

Ron L here = Seresurplus

While I'm not a Fan Of Ruger Companies Policies about Selling parts, Selling HI Cap magazines and their General Attitude about selling Civilians guns over Police and Military contracts, I will never say that they have ever show any LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE! I have sent and Have seen Sent Back Ruger Pistols and Rifles that were Clearly abused and Ruger Fixed them No Charge and did it in a reasonable ammount of time! Don't Listen to the Nay Sayers on that! If you send them the Firearm Like UPS with a Clear sheet stating what is s wrong, how it happened (If you know) or think, and give them a Chance, I'm betting you will be very pleased with the service that Ruger gives you!

If any one wants to know more about Why Myself and so many others has a Problem with Ruger Companies Attitude and Policy reguarding parts sales and support, E-mail me and I will be more than glad to tell you what I know, what I'veseen and heard and experienced, OK?

RON

Old 01-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #5

Default I wish I was happy

My experience with Ruger Customer Service has been anything but good. Frankly, it started out OK and I have done everything I have been told but it is turning into a nightmare and I never get the same story twice.

My P345 broke a firing pin, no big deal. I sent it back and was told 4-6 weeks but start checking around 3. So I have patiently done that. On the 30th of Dec. I was told that my gun was scheduled to be fixed on the week of 05 Jan -09 Jan (no surprise that was week 6). and I should be getting it.

Well, it did not come so I called. First lady said that it was not in her system so she would look and call me back. I never heard a word. And how do you loose a gun?

So I called again. Second lady said that the gun is in the system but it was not fixed nor would it be for another 6 weeks. 12 Weeks to fix a pin and the attitude I get is "Tough Luck". Frankly I am not happy a bit and no one seems to be helpful at all.

Mark

Old 01-16-2009, 02:08 PM   #6

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've NEVER experienced bad customer service with Ruger. The icing on the cake occurred when a farmer brought me a Ruger Super Single Six that he kept on his farm tractor, to pot critters as they jumped out upon his approach, or to finish off animals wounded accidentally when ran over (bush hog?). Anyway it fell out of the holster mounted on the fender or toolbox, and he ran over it, breaking the grip frame clean off, among other severe damage. I sent it back for him and within 3 weeks received it back looking exactly like new. They had replaced grip frame, cylinder, ejector rod & housing, sights, and reblued it. The BEST part was it was all performed FREE of charge-even though it was clearly explained to be the owner's fault.